Thread: Hellcat E85 Tuning

Hellcat E85 Tuning

I have tuned many a hellcat and many Hemi vehicles on E85 but never a combination of both. Today I decided to try some E85 in an 840 rwhp 15 kitty. I changed the FA stoich to .1027 for E85 and started the car. To my surprise it is pulling out 25-30% fuel and the Dyno wide band is reading 18-20 to 1. So its pulling lots of fuel when its running really lean. In all my other E85 Hemi tunes I have disabled the Neural Network and worked the VE. I left the Neural Network on with the kitty and I assume this is what is playing havoc with my fun. I purchased the tuning school hellcat 1 and 2 a few years back and remembered they left NN on with E85. However I have not watched it in a year or more and its not listed in my account online, they are going to fix the problem but I wont have it until Monday when they open back up. So I placed the stoich back to stock and adjusted the injectors off 30% just to get the car running good and movable for now and the fuel trims are within 5%. So what went so bad when I adjusted the stoich.

Bad383ta

Advanced Tuner
    Don't change the stoich leave it stock, it works just fine.

What injectors are you using? Post the tune file in question, for more help

Tuner in Training
    I was wondernig if anyone had actually see the tuning schools NN stuff- I had a little bit of a learning curve attacking the NN off side of it myself- Did they whole VE over- pretty touchy on the hellcat, more so than any other Mopar Ive done so far - I dont have my files infront of me but I Would love to see how yours looks compared to mine - we stopped at 860 torque and on that pull we shut down at 5500 so I didnt get a high hP reading - 806 hp .

On no FFV ( ethanol sensor cars ) I always leave the commanded AFs pretty much stock - theres so many fuel changing values I find that I always overlook something -
    Doc
    Doc's Performance & Dyno Tuning - Las Vegas NV . Tuning any and all cars!

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by DRTurbo View Post
    I was wondernig if anyone had actually see the tuning schools NN stuff- I had a little bit of a learning curve attacking the NN off side of it myself- Did they whole VE over- pretty touchy on the hellcat, more so than any other Mopar Ive done so far - I dont have my files infront of me but I Would love to see how yours looks compared to mine - we stopped at 860 torque and on that pull we shut down at 5500 so I didnt get a high hP reading - 806 hp .

On no FFV ( ethanol sensor cars ) I always leave the commanded AFs pretty much stock - theres so many fuel changing values I find that I always overlook something -
    Yes I have courses 1 & 2

Advanced Tuner
    Can you richen up the fuel mixture enough with the stock injectors if the hellcat was stock?
    2016 Hellcat Challenger, automatic, black on black with brass monkey wheels

10.13@ 140 DA 5000 feet
    2.75 pulley, tune, drag radials. 10 percent lower od crank pulley, 1050 ix. off road mid pipe. tune