Thread: G5 Supercharged

Potential Tuner

G5 Supercharged

New here. so i hope this is in the right spot.

But I'm finishing up Supercharging my 08 2.2 L61 with E37 and i have the vcm pro. but I have no idea where to start. any information would be much appreciated

Thank you in advance!!
    Last edited by 08gbalt; 03-20-2017 at 03:07 AM.

I can relate to this, what mods do you have? I started with mine on a stock m62 and stock pulley.

What i did when i tuned my supercharged g5 was input the injector data for the lsj injectors and remove all torque managment. I turned off dynamic airflow and went maf only. After that just adjusted my fueling there and then moved on to spark timing.

Have you used the program before or first time? The first time is a little overwhelming, at least for me lol. But after reading and learning what each table does it gets easier.

Ill attach a tune of my car you can look over to compare if you like. I believe for your year, you are going to have to scale the tune for the injectors if using bigger than lsj injectors. I have one i scaled to so you can get an idea. Let me know any questions you have. Might not have the answer to all of them but there are a lot of guys that helped me out here and they know a lot.

Potential Tuner
    I have injen intake a 3.4 pulley and a 2.8 (but idk what one I should use) #50 injectors
    Zzp heat exchanger, header, with 2.5" exhaust but I'm confused as hell about the whole map sensor wether to do a 4 bar man cause it plugs right in, but it doesn't fit in the intake. Or get the 2.5 tmap and re wire it

Potential Tuner
    And also my first time using this program

We have similar mods, only difference is i have #60 injectors and dont have a 2nd HE.

I ran the stock MAP for while and i just got the 4bar MAP a few weeks ago. It does fit in the hole for the TMAP though i had to cut mine to get the screw in.

Start off by gathering your injector data and inputting it into your stock file. Be sure to save as a different file so you dont overwrite your stock file. If you are running a 3.4 pulley you can leave timing as it is or reduce by about 2-3 degrees under high load, high RPM and log for fueling. I left mine on stock timing and did not get any knock.

The ECM has a flow rate limit for the injectors so anything above 63.5 lbs/hr will not work. I have a file that goes over scaling that i used and worked out fine for me. Pm me and i can send you the file

here are the tunes from my car.

first one is non scaled tune with LSJ injectors and stock m62 pulley.
    2009 g5 SC LSJ Inj MAF only Working.hpt

second is the same setup but scaled.
    2009 g5 SC LSJ Injectors Scaled2.hpt

they are all MAF tuned since i did not have 4bar map at the time.