Thread: 17 coyote throttle response

Potential Tuner

17 coyote throttle response

I need help! I live in a development with speed bumps. I push in clutch to coast over the bumps . Release clutch and give it has but car doesn't register the gas I'm giving it so instinct says to give more (this is like a 2 second hesitation) then it goes from idle rpm to whatever amount of gas I'm giving it usually around 1500 or so.. Makes me look completely stupid. It's a Paxton car and I've had it tuned several times and sent logs multiple times .. I can't get it figured out.. Someone said something about a "clunk" or a "lunk" alert ? Is this a thing or what? It's weird ... Please help me

Tuner in Training
    it could be something in the tune or mechanical we cannot decide and tell like this.

we need tune file and/or logs while the problem happening and we can try to help

anyway, these cars is torque based management and could be missed up torques/inverse tables not populated correctly.

thanks.
    Ahmad.
    Ahmad Aboelomarein

Ford Certified Tuner

Potential Tuner
    I have logs if anyone would like to look them over?

Potential Tuner
    Let me say the mods.. It has a gt350 intake manifold, long tube headers, Paxton 2200 supercharger kit with 3.6 pulley. Tuned with hptuners Ngauge . Never had these issues until the Paxton kit was put on.. But I know this issue has to do with anticlunk ... But my current tuner said there's no anticlunk on my tune

Senior Tuner
    Tipin anticlunk is a torque source and limit to watch out for. You can zero out the tipin limit under fuel cut torque ratio and raise the tipin limit to 1 under spark only cut torque ratio and see if that helps.

posting a log with useful data would be best. Make sure to include Engine RPM, vehicle speed, throttle and pedal info, spark advance, EQ commanded, actual WB banks 1&2, all the sources and torque/load values in it so we can see if it is a limit or something else.

Senior Tuner
    post the log, you could be teasing your VSS mph limit for idle mode, if your tune is off at idle a bit, could be having a momentary lean spot or flat timing spot transitioning.

Tuner
    Here is a perfect example of anticlunk. See the 2nd attempt to get on the gas, pedal is going down, but anticlunk is preventing throttle from opening. This is my car that I use on a road course, so you can imagine its pretty annoying when coming out a turn........

Going to try Murfie's suggestions and someone else suggested MAP Max Delta above BP, but don't understand this suggestion
    Attached Files Attached Files

I don't know if you fixed that, but it's in speed density. Take a look at my other topic about anticlunk

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by caniggia View Post
    I don't know if you fixed that, but it's in speed density. Take a look at my other topic about anticlunk
    Where to find this ^