Thread: 2017 5.3 Silverado Cruise Control Not Working

Tuner

2017 5.3 Silverado Cruise Control Not Working

Hey, looking for some advice on calibrating the speedometer on a 17 Silverado. Anytime I try to make a change to correct the speedometer the cruise control will quit working correctly. The speedometer will read correct per my gps but anytime I try to set my cruise at anything above 61mph it will not set. I've attatched a stock tune and the tune I'm using when the cruise will not work. Any advice would be appreciated! I have also emailed support about this issue.

Tire size is a 35 inch tall tire and factory gearing
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by kjhallex; 03-20-2017 at 07:11 PM. Reason: Details

That's interesting. Maybe change the source to Calibration instead of GMLAN. I know that's under "limiter", but maybe that's interfering somehow. I've never ran across this before, so if you figure it out please post up the results.

The original tune had about .5% lower number in the upper location (maybe for variation from tire growth or tire pressure or?) You might try putting 574.83 in the upper position and see if that does the trick.

Otherwise I would get it scanned with an MDI to see what is messing with you. It is possible that changing the tire size calibration in the ABS module with an MDI would get it close enough to be happy. The tallest tire they usually have on the ABS list is about 33 inches but that will set you closer than a stock 31 incher. This would only take an experienced tech 5 minutes.

any updates on fixing this problem? got the same issue....

Potential Tuner
    Was anyone able to figure this out? I?m having the same issue with a 2017 that has been calibrated in 37s and 4.10 gearing. Cruise control does not work above 59 mph. Anything would be appreciated, thanks.

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by kjhallex View Post
    Hey, looking for some advice on calibrating the speedometer on a 17 Silverado. Anytime I try to make a change to correct the speedometer the cruise control will quit working correctly. The speedometer will read correct per my gps but anytime I try to set my cruise at anything above 61mph it will not set. I've attatched a stock tune and the tune I'm using when the cruise will not work. Any advice would be appreciated! I have also emailed support about this issue.

Tire size is a 35 inch tall tire and factory gearing
    Quote Originally Posted by IARLLC View Post
    The original tune had about .5% lower number in the upper location (maybe for variation from tire growth or tire pressure or?) You might try putting 574.83 in the upper position and see if that does the trick.

Otherwise I would get it scanned with an MDI to see what is messing with you. It is possible that changing the tire size calibration in the ABS module with an MDI would get it close enough to be happy. The tallest tire they usually have on the ABS list is about 33 inches but that will set you closer than a stock 31 incher. This would only take an experienced tech 5 minutes.
    Did you figure this out?

anybody find fix to cruise control issue once vss is calibrated for tire or gear change in new gm... my case a tahoe?

Potential Tuner
    Did you guys manually change the tire diameter?
    I used the wizard when I added my 35s and didn't have an issue.