Thread: 2008 5.7 4l80 trans tuning

Tuner in Training

2008 5.7 4l80 trans tuning

i swapped out the 545rfe to a 4l80 trans in my truck.
    in the tuning i enabled the manual transmission option.

problem i am having is i cant seem to get a signal on my starter solenoid wire
    i have tried grounding out pin 6 which i was told is the trs41 sense which is supposed to be the neutral safety switch, and grounded every other wire in the trans harness with no luck.
    im getting a crank signal on the connector that plugs into the stock shift cable but nothing to the started solenoid.

truck was a 4x4 and is now a 2wd. anything on the 4x4 harness that needs to be supplied power or a ground?

It should be pin 4. YL/DB circuit T41.
    Level 3 Master Chrysler/Jeep/Dodge/Ram technician
    20 years experience

Tuner in Training
    my pin 4 is just yellow and it doesnt do what its supposed to when grounded
    is there something i missed when loading the file? all i did was go into trans and enable manual transmission.
    is there another step involved in doing this? or is it just supposed to be as easy as ground pin 4 and good to

Tuner in Training
    ok new discovery.
    so i got a wiring diagram from the transmission connector to the connector 3 on the pcm.
    YL/DB is pin 21 on the pcm connector, ground that out and i get a positive signal to the start wire.
    i cant seem to find a YL/DB on my tranmission connector.....not sure where it went or whats going on there, but i finally got it to work