Thread: wot issues loosing electrical power

Tuner

wot issues loosing electrical power

08 gmc sierra,, had tuned vehicle about a year ago,, came back for re tuned after removing cats,, deleted the normal codes for cats like usual,, now the truck after u do wot about 3 times when shifting all lights on dash go off and on all gauges reset,,door unlock and lock, and radio resets like its loosing complete power, i cant figure it out,, compared to other tune files nothing difrent,, has anyone had the same issue before? posted tune just in case its in the tune itself
    Attached Files Attached Files

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Rtex15 View Post
    08 gmc sierra,, had tuned vehicle about a year ago,, came back for re tuned after removing cats,, deleted the normal codes for cats like usual,, now the truck after u do wot about 3 times when shifting all lights on dash go off and on all gauges reset,,door unlock and lock, and radio resets like its loosing complete power, i cant figure it out,, compared to other tune files nothing difrent,, has anyone had the same issue before? posted tune just in case its in the tune itself
    I'm a newbe so wouldn't give tuning advice, but I'd verify charging voltage under those conditions. On another type EFI system we had low voltage at high rpms that caused shutdown at 150mph, came back on when battery load eased up. Ours was due to aftermarket annodizing of the mounting brackets not conducting ground well enough. Enough to drive around and go 120mph, but not more.

make sure all grounds are good, had this happen before. does the truck shut off too?

Tuner
    We have replaced the battery check..all grounds and power from battery to ecm everything looks good..The truck does not shut off..it just bogs down for like a second..the thing is before the retune the truck ran good didnt have this problem..ive tried putting the same tune it had before it does the same thing.. but i will check it again just incase i missed something..thanks for your advise guys ill let you know what i find

Potential Tuner
    I've seen bad alternators cause this, and bad battery cables on your model....

Tuner
    check your ground on the lower drivers side of the block mine would do exactly same and ground the connector was cracked and when I pulled on the wire it came off in my hand

Tuner
    Customer finally brought the truck for me to check it out..found power cable to starter arking on exhaust header..since the engine mount was bad i guess every time it was fixing to shift it would pinch the cable..repaired engine mount and cable..problem fix..thanks guys for your help