Thread: dtcs wont copy over?

Tuner in Training

dtcs wont copy over?

so i wanted a 3 bar map sensor on my 99 gmc 5.3. so i copied and licensed a new supposedly stock tune from the respory with a 3 bar map and a 4l80e transmission. my 411 pcm took the tune no problem and i copied the engine tune from my old tune to the newly licensed tune but the dtcs didn't transfer over and the newly licensed tune has a lot turned off. Can i just go in by hand and turn all that back on or is it mostly stuff i dont need i would think if it is stock the dtcs should be fine as it is. the 4l80e is supposed to be the stock tune, the sd tune 1 is the engine i copyed over, and the last one 99 gmc original 3 bar is the file that was made when i copyed the engine over to the 4l80e.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Tuner in Training
    First of all, you don't need to license tunes from the repository- you're literally licencing a VIN that you don't own. If you like a tune you see in the repo, you can copy all of the settings it has over to your PCM for free using the compare function.

As for using the compare function, this is the other way you can copy the DTCs you need over. Open your tune, the open the tune you want as compare, press Ctrl 2 and there will be green boxes where there are differences. You can then reference the other file separately to see if that should be on/off etc.

Tuner in Training
    yea i had to take the other tune cause mine was only 2 bar capable and I needed a 3 bar. hptuners had the 3 bar greyed out on my end and that's what hptuners told me to do at my own risk of bricking my PCM ill try the control 2 but everything keeps going blank when I do the compare feature on the dtc's I did the copy and compare on the engine but like I said the dtc's didn't transfer over

Tuner in Training
    Oh, I see. The blank happens to me too if I am trying to actually compare them. Use Ctrl 4 and then Ctrl 2 to switch back to yours and you should see the highlighted boxes that are different.

Tuner in Training
    kinda weird i wrote them all down by hand tryed to start the car and it wouldn't start i flashed it back to my orignal and it started so it must change something important so im just leaving it alone im haveing no dtc's at the moment just the maf for speed density. thanks for the reply

Tuner in Training
    thx