Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: 2013+ ZF8 8-Speed Now Supported - VCM Suite 3.5 Beta

Thumbs up 2013+ ZF8 8-Speed Now Supported - VCM Suite 3.5 Beta

With VCM Suite 3.5.460 Beta, HP Tuners is proud to release tuning support for 2013+ Chrysler/Jeep/Dodge/RAM 8-Speed Transmissions.

With this release, VCM Suite becomes the first and only tuning solution for 8-speed transmissions offered from its debut in the Dodge lineup with the 2013 RAM 1500 3.6L all the way to the 2017 Dodge Challenger Hellcat. This includes, but not limited to the following models:

• Chrysler 300
    • Dodge Challenger
    • Dodge Charger
    • Dodge Durango
    • Jeep Grand Cherokee
    • RAM 1500

PLEASE NOTE: The ZF8 8-speed TCMs do require an individual TCM license of 4 Dodge credits for tuning.

If you need the link to download VCM Suite 3.5.460 Beta or newer, please contact Support. Make sure to include your VCM Suite Infolog and/or MPVI Serial Number in the email to support.

OOOOOOOOH Yea!! That is awesome!! Thank you guys for all your hard work on this subject and everything else you guys do for the performance community!!

Tuner
    Great work guys! Now I have to research what some of these tables do and what not to touch lol

Tuner in Training
    Let the games begin!

Great news Guys!!!!
    Edwin P. Gregory III
    SOUTHERN HOTROD, LLC
    2230 Richland St.
    Kenner, LA 70062
    SOUTHERNHOTROD.com
    888-BIG-HEMI

Tuner in Training
    Got the Beta this morning,,, tried to open up existing Hellcat reads on my Laptop, both stock reads, and edited tunes.... No 8-speed stuff opening up? do we need to do a complete read again in order the get the TCM files?
    I understand we'll need to pay additional credits to tune the TCMs also ?

Thanks

Advanced Tuner
    Did a read last night on a 2016 Hellcat and 2016 Scat Pack without issue. All the transmission info is there. Now to learn it.
    2016 Scat Pack is up in a few hours. I'll keep you posted.

Quote Originally Posted by Lidio Iacobelli View Post
    Got the Beta this morning,,, tried to open up existing Hellcat reads on my Laptop, both stock reads, and edited tunes.... No 8-speed stuff opening up? do we need to do a complete read again in order the get the TCM files?
    I understand we'll need to pay additional credits to tune the TCMs also ?

Thanks
    Yes, you will need to re-read the vehicle and re-read the ECM and TCM both using 3.5.460 or newer

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark@HPTuners View Post
    Yes, you will need to re-read the vehicle and re-read the ECM and TCM both using 3.5.460 or newer
    Note: If you already unlocked the PCM a complete reread of the PCM and TCM seems to pick up the "old" TCM info. I had to do a separate read of the TCM for a vehicle I had already unlocked the PCM for and it worked fine. Strange but now I have to maintain two separate files - but it works!

Quote Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
    Note: If you already unlocked the PCM a complete reread of the PCM and TCM seems to pick up the "old" TCM info. I had to do a separate read of the TCM for a vehicle I had already unlocked the PCM for and it worked fine. Strange but now I have to maintain two separate files - but it works!
    What exactly do you mean by "old" TCM info? We have read PCM & TCMs together with unlocked PCMs without issue.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark@HPTuners View Post
    What exactly do you mean by "old" TCM info? We have read PCM & TCMs together with unlocked PCMs without issue.
    Here's what I experienced:
    1. Unlocked a 2016 Scat Pack about three months ago.
    2. Downloaded the "beta" version yesterday and did a complete read of the PCM and TCM.
    3. When I select transmission I do not see any of the options available with the new beta.
    4. I did a TCM only read and the file shows all of the TCM information available with the new beta.

I also did a complete PCM/TCM read of a 2016 Hellcat with the new beta that I had not previously unlocked and the new TCM information is available.

So what I am saying is that it appears that something is related to the original/old TCM read that is preventing a complete PCM/TCM read from working properly.

I am able to flash the TCM from the TCM only read but it's a drag to have to open and flash two different tune files - but I'm not complaining - just pointing out what I found and it sounds like the poster above is experiencing as well.
    Last edited by [email protected]; 03-28-2017 at 03:47 PM.

Advanced Tuner
    So initial testing has had some positive results.
    We have successfully:
    - raised the WOT shift point for the 5-6 shift to 6900 (in Drive only) we are taking this in baby steps, so one gear at a time.
    - We have also verified torque converter locking/unlocking control by gear.

We have been unsuccessful at setting the WOT shifts in manual mode or TUTD.
    These tables do not appear to be available or I don't know where to look.

Looking forward to track testing - Hopefully this weekend if the weather works with us.

Tuner in Training
    Did a complete "re-read" on my 2016 Hellcat,,, this pulled the already edited PCM files back out of it,,, and also the TCM now with no trouble. Its all on one file and its all there.

Only thing is; I had to use four additional credits to be able to edit this "re-read" from my car, which already had the PCM licence'd about five months ago. I thought that the TCM's on these would only need an additional two credits in order to edit the TCM?
    Either way -- I didn't care at this point, I couldn't wait to see what we could do with the TCM on it, so I just did the four credits and moved on. So hopefully in the future its not possibly gonna be 6 credits to do this on these??

Any way,, only played with WOT shifts stuff on mine (2016 Hellcat, all stock for now, other then 180* stat + HP-tuner tweaks) and it was stuck with Forced WOT shifts at about 6500rpm in manual mode (6000 in "D" otherwise) if I didn't touch the paddles... now i got the WOT shifts at about 7000rpm in this mode, and also in "D" after manually paddling down while still in "D" it'll shift at about 6800-6900rpm!! Bad-Ass guys !!

On just the TCM part of this alone,, HP-tuners just left everyone else way behind! Thank you guys and congrats!

Gonna keep tweaking only shift schedule stuff for now, and move on to working with shift feel/pressures and TQ reduction and etc. very soon.

Thanks again !
    Last edited by Lidio Iacobelli; 03-28-2017 at 06:00 PM. Reason: speeling

Tuner in Training
    One more thing I forget to mention;

Now that we can flash the TCM, I'm getting something that only happened once before on my car and a couple of customers car only occasionally, but now its happening every time I flash it....

I'm getting the CEL lit up in the cluster, and its producing these two errors; 0x7E9: P1DF3 (current, Permanent)
    and; 0x7E9: U0100 - Lost communication With ECM/PCM A (permanent)

They appear to be harmless and can be cleared, but the HP stuff seems to take a few tries before it clears them. After that no trouble so far.

PLEASE NOTE: The ZF8 8-speed TCMs do require an [U]individual TCM license of 4 Dodge credits for tuning.

If you need the link to download VCM Suite 3.5.460 Beta or newer, please contact Support. Make sure to include your VCM Suite Infolog and/or MPVI Serial Number in the email to support.

Lidio your welcome

I had no problems pulling ECM and TCM at the same time on a 2016 Scat Pack here. Thanks a lot for the added support, I'll be spending the next couple days studying the new stuff.

Did the beta download and no troubles reading already tuned PCM and TCM on my '16 Scat Pack, Thanks again guys at HPT, I've already let a bunch of customers know and now they all want to get back on the dyno for some trans tuning!

Thanks HP Tuners.

Potential Tuner
    Very nice! Thank HP tuner. This will help me this year for sure.