Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: 2013+ ZF8 8-Speed Now Supported - VCM Suite 3.5 Beta

trans shifts now as it should, quick and firm. Thanks a bunch. the only issue I've had is an increase in the downshift bump on decal. I imagine it's in the TM. I just need to sit down and work through it.
    1969 nova w/ ls3
    2020 ram hemi
    2009 ALS-V Cadillac
    99 s10 w/ 09 G8 L76 turbo

Tuner
    Can we get a explanation of what each tab in the trans does? I'm coming from GM.. so my question would be, what do i need to change to make em rev higher.. E.I, i see the shift speed, 1 - 2 max is 1058, if i wanted to rev the car to 6500, what would i put there?.. and etc. Whats ok to change in TM vs whats not ok?

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by ddtech View Post
    Can we get a explanation of what each tab in the trans does? I'm coming from GM.. so my question would be, what do i need to change to make em rev higher.. E.I, i see the shift speed, 1 - 2 max is 1058, if i wanted to rev the car to 6500, what would i put there?.. and etc. Whats ok to change in TM vs whats not ok?
    That table is rpm of the output shaft.

Guys, there is a new 3.5.536 up that fixes the TCC tables, names and labelling (was backwards). Sorry for the confusion!

Chris...
    I count sheep in hex...

Thanks Chris
    1969 nova w/ ls3
    2020 ram hemi
    2009 ALS-V Cadillac
    99 s10 w/ 09 G8 L76 turbo

Tuner in Training
    Sooooo many TCC maps in the ZF8!! hard to understand what does what at a glance, or what tables its using.
    I used to hate early lock-up and short shifts around town on most modern automatic cars and trucks with stock tuning. But most of the 8-speeds in todays GM's and Hemi's seem to have improved how the feel around town at what I always labeled as "intermediate speeds". But even in the 8-speeds there is always some room for improvement on light to medium load and part throttle shifting around town. And I agree, the Hellcat 8-speed does sometimes have a clunky or Binding costing downshift in some gears, mostly coasting 3 to 2 i'd have to say. I'll have to watch the lock-up or slip flags and see.

One thing I did notice on the Hellcat is that if the trans is in "track" mode -- the TCC is never unlocked or even slipped during any WOT shifts after it begins to lock at WOT at the top of 1st gear, according to the data logger anyway. But if its in normal street mode,,, the convertor slips during all the WOT shifts.
    I've never seen an OEM TCC do that before at WOT (stay 100% locked), they always slipped a tiny bit for shifting. I think this obviously explains why the Hellcat's have such incredibly hard shifts at WOT in Track mode (plus more shift PSi also I assume). The ZF guys must have a lot of confidence in the transmissions hardware!

I used to maintain full lock (still do actually) in a AOD-E/4R70w in my turbo FOX body thru 2nd and into 3rd gear,, made for more MPH and better ET,,,, but good-by to the Stub-shaft and occasional input shafts once it got over about 880rwhp a few years back, broke those about every 15-20 runs in the 1/4 when I fully locked in 2nd and into 3rd with no slip.

Thanks

Awesome job HP Tuners, as always!
    Our Shop: VectorMotorsports.com
    Personal Builds: @moorethrottle
    2010 F1X ProCharged Camaro SS 427
    2014 TVS2650 Supercharged Mustang GT 5.0L
    2018 Ram 2500 Limited 6.4L Hemi

Tuner in Training
    hey that's awesome. you know what would be really awesome ? is if you guys would work on the vehicles that we were told it would work on and still doesn't. the unit is nearly useless on 04 545RFE. any ETA. or they still don't care?

Quote Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
    Note: If you already unlocked the PCM a complete reread of the PCM and TCM seems to pick up the "old" TCM info.
    That's what happen to me yesterday. It didn't pick up the transmission calibration and im using:
    VCM Suite Product: VCM Editor 3.5.542 Beta
    what did I do wrong

Quote Originally Posted by Phil'sC5Vette View Post
    That's what happen to me yesterday. It didn't pick up the transmission calibration and im using:
    VCM Suite Product: VCM Editor 3.5.542 Beta
    what did I do wrong
    Please email support with a VCM Suite Infolog while connected to the vehicle and a screenshot of the "Vehicle Reader" window in VCM Editor and/or the error you are seeing.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark@HPTuners View Post
    Yes it should the TCM in your truck. If you already have VCM Suite and an MPVI, try reading it out.

Just note, we do not support the ECM that is in the RAM 1500 Ecodiesel.
    Any timeline on support for the Bosch ECM?
    Best regards,
    Bill
    Silver 2003 C5 roadster, M6, Euro red/amber tails, Z06 Ti mufflers, Z06 2 cat H-pipe, Z06 airbox, and HPTuners s/w - available to any Corvette or other GM vehicle in Calgary, and also for Ford and Dodge products, including Cummins

Tuner in Training
    cool update now how about getting everyone whos been waiting for it to work on the 04 545rfe to get some support

Potential Tuner
    Dear HPT, Thank you for your continued support for these new applications. Question: Will the "Read Entire" function be supported for the 8HP series? Example, If I plug in a brand new TCM it is not recognized. I have done this with multiple GM applications where it will read a new "Blank" TCM but no luck on this one. If I ID it with a programmed TCM, and then swap modules it fails to read.

Does the new version 3.6.15 also need a re-read

Potential Tuner
    Southern hotrod I've talked to you guys in the past about building my trans for my compound turbo ram ecodiesel. Now that I have a trans tune I really need you to build it! I'll call you! 👍🏻👍🏻

Tuner in Training
    I have successfully read and wrote an ecodiesel grand cherokee 8hp70. Now to learn what all these tables do....

Advanced Tuner
    Disregard, I just found where it's for the GM 10 speed transmissions.

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark@HPTuners View Post
    Yes it should the TCM in your truck. If you already have VCM Suite and an MPVI, try reading it out.

Just note, we do not support the ECM that is in the RAM 1500 Ecodiesel.
    Are y?all working on the ecodiesel ecm?

Tuner in Training
    Last edited by Johnson Tuning; 03-26-2018 at 04:52 PM.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by emdub27 View Post
    I have successfully read and wrote an ecodiesel grand cherokee 8hp70. Now to learn what all these tables do....
    Did you ever figure out what table does what?