Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: 2013+ ZF8 8-Speed Now Supported - VCM Suite 3.5 Beta

Tuner in Training
    Is there any plan to have "Trans input shaft rpm" and "Trans slip" (rpm) PID in the vcm scanner for ZF8.

Quote Originally Posted by sgoyal View Post
    Is there any plan to have "Trans input shaft rpm" and "Trans slip" (rpm) PID in the vcm scanner for ZF8.
    Slip is available on most calibrations in Beta. If not, it's being added.
    If its not broke, just give it time.

Tuner in Training
    I've only seen

TCC Slip Normal and TCC Slip AC (both shows Yes/no). couldnt find Slip rpm (I'll wait for updated beta)

Update: I had to connect the computer to car to read that PID... TCC Slip RPM is available..
    Last edited by sgoyal; 10-31-2018 at 10:35 AM.

Tuner in Training
    It seems the TCC slip feature has not worked on my vehicle, ZF8 in Ram EcoDiesel

Quote Originally Posted by Spooby View Post
    It seems the TCC slip feature has not worked on my vehicle, ZF8 in Ram EcoDiesel
    Please get a ticket with your infolog to us at [email protected] so we can be sure to add it for you!
    If its not broke, just give it time.

Tuner in Training
    Any idea when the tables changed for the ZFHP90 will make it to the HP95? Thanks.

Tuner in Training
    Any plan to add "Slip Patterns" PID in vcm scammer for ZF8

Quote Originally Posted by Mark@HPTuners;476609

[B
    PLEASE NOTE:[/B] The ZF8 8-speed TCMs do require an individual TCM license of 4 Dodge credits for tuning.
    I calibrated my first 8 speed today, but I missed it required 4 licenses but knew the engine was 2 license. Oh well dodge rookie mistake, I bought additional licenses last week. Owner was cool and covered it because it came out very fun.
    Ill price it into future dodges.

I did find it odd when I went to save the tune it license the engine, but when I went to upload the tune with tranny setting changed, it required me to license the tranny.

Potential Tuner
    Is the Transmission page reset adaptive special function in the Scanner Beta release work for anyone yet?

Quote Originally Posted by Phil'sC5Vette View Post
    I calibrated my first 8 speed today, but I missed it required 4 licenses but knew the engine was 2 license. Oh well dodge rookie mistake, I bought additional licenses last week. Owner was cool and covered it because it came out very fun.
    Ill price it into future dodges.

I did find it odd when I went to save the tune it license the engine, but when I went to upload the tune with tranny setting changed, it required me to license the tranny.
    So what are the main things that you tune in these tranny ? That cause the most difference

Tuner in Training

Lightbulb no learn

Can't reset ZF8hp adaptations. It is also not included in the training mode. Gasoline and diesel engines.

Screenshot_8.jpg

Advanced Tuner
    Disconnect, close, re-open and reconnect.
    Sometimes it can be finicky

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by spoolboy View Post
    Disconnect, close, re-open and reconnect.
    Sometimes it can be finicky
    thanks, I'll try in that order. But I tried it differently, it didn't work

Advanced Tuner
    I just reset adaptives with 4.7.751 Beta this morning on my 2016 Challenger. It worked with no issues for me. What version are you on?
    If in doubt, multiply everything by 1.1.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by spoolboy View Post
    I just reset adaptives with 4.7.751 Beta this morning on my 2016 Challenger. It worked with no issues for me. What version are you on?
    version 4.8.7 is installed. But it was the same on previous versions. Maybe the problem is in the MPVI firmware?

Tuner in Training
    20200924_154614.jpg

How to repeat the firmware update mode? An update was completed but the reconnect failed. I connected it after 10 seconds and the update mode does not turn on.

Tuner in Training
    I contacted support. Updated the firmware of my MPVI2. But it did not help

We are having a problem with a 2012 Chrysler 300 with the ZF 8 speed. We changed the rear diff from a 2.62 to a 3.06 LSD and have made the correct gear ratio changes in the scanner tool (but I don't think the TCM is taking the gear change). The car is not happy, it keeps popping into limp mode under a semi-heavy load. In 6th gear, the car thinks it is going over 140mph. We are getting this code P215C, the transmission speed sensor is reading different from the wheel speed sensors which all of them have been pelaced. I have reset all adaptive and re-learned the TCM. Also, reset the abs system, I am running out of things to try. Please any advice would help!!!

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Death Before Stock.com View Post
    We are having a problem with a 2012 Chrysler 300 with the ZF 8 speed. We changed the rear diff from a 2.62 to a 3.06 LSD and have made the correct gear ratio changes in the scanner tool (but I don't think the TCM is taking the gear change). The car is not happy, it keeps popping into limp mode under a semi-heavy load. In 6th gear, the car thinks it is going over 140mph. We are getting this code P215C, the transmission speed sensor is reading different from the wheel speed sensors which all of them have been pelaced. I have reset all adaptive and re-learned the TCM. Also, reset the abs system, I am running out of things to try. Please any advice would help!!!
    Did you ever find a solution to this? I have a 2013 Charger 3.6 8HP45 that I have been trying to get a 3.07 gear set to work on. Simply changing the ratio in the BCM does nothing and I can't get the TCM to take a quick learn. It's a little frustrating.

Advanced Tuner
    You ever get it sorted?