Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: FSCM (FPCM) Tables/Settings - 2010 Camaro LS3 vs ZL1

Great info, last night I tried pulling files from a 2013 SS Camaro, a 2015 1LE Camaro, and a 2016 Camaro SS. None of them successfully read the file with the latest beta. So I emailed HPT the info, hopefully I can open them and see the differences soon.

Yes, I've tried to read my car, which is an SS with a ZL1 FPCM, which is just a blank new FPCM I got from GM then used a ZL1 VIN to pull the calibration from Tech2Web and flashed.

I get an error every time I try to open the file, I get a "validate checksum failed", then "definition failed to load". I've emailed support with the file. I believe I am going to have access to a stock 2010 to try to pull the file from as well. It also happens when I read just the FPCM, I get the same error. I can open the ZL1 FPCM only file that is posted in this thread.

I just want to see if I can take the tables from the ZL1 file and change the file in an SS FPCM. The hardware is identical. All FPCMs from GM come blank, then they are flashed with the calibration with a Tech2/MDI. I have done quite a few GM modules this way. Identical hardware, so I am hoping to be able to install ZL1 pumps in a 2010+ Camaro and write the different tables. Then I won't have to buy modules, install, then flash with my Tech2 (and pay for the subscription access to the files) and go through all that hassle if I can just change the appropriate tables in the stock SS FPCM.
    2012 Camaro SS/RS M6. TVS2300 w/rear OD cog drive and ported lower manifold, On top of a forged 416.
    1999 GMC Sierra 2500. Stock 6.0L, LT headers, cat delete, and Airaid intake.
    1965 Oldmobile Cutlass. 5.7L LS1/4L60E transplant in progress from 98 TransAm donor car.

Advanced Tuner
    Some of these modules do have hard coded limits (aka injector table). I've asked multiple times how the software generates the FSCM file for us (VIN or OS) but, haven't gotten an answer. I suppose I'll find out this evening when I plug in the CTSV FSCM. The reason I'm doing this is exactly as you stated, PWM with boost. Using the Walbro 450 in a stock bucket.
    1961 C-10 5.3 NV3500

2007 NNBS ECSB 4.8

you can't read the file out of the FPCM... HPTuners will supply you with the correct stock file, so I guess I just answered my own question wondering if my file was stock. You can flash your edited file though.

I'm convinced the max pressure Table is the only thing that's really different about the ZL1 FPCM, and the ZL1 one has a 68 psi regulator in the fuel pump module compared to 58 psi on the SS.

What I want to test is if my pump duty cycle will go much higher if I increase values and that max pressure table, though I won't see more than 58 psi because of the regulator. If duty cycle keeps going up the higher I make the max pressure table and then that's all we need. I may butn my pump out though, I have an MSD BAP.
    Last edited by 10_SS; 03-28-2017 at 02:58 PM.

SS has a 400kPa regulator
    ZL1 has a 450kPa regulator
    CTS-V has a 500kPa regulator
    ZR1 has a 600+ kPa regulator

The file is generated from the OSID.

DSX Tuning - Authorized HP Tuners Dealer
    http://www.dsxtuning.com
    http://www.facebook.com/dsx.tuning
    Just say no to bull s***.
    IF YOU WANT HELP, POST A FILE!

Quote Originally Posted by DSteck View Post
    SS has a 400kPa regulator
    ZL1 has a 450kPa regulator
    CTS-V has a 500kPa regulator
    ZR1 has a 600+ kPa regulator

The file is generated from the OSID.
    Good info! You wouldn't happen to have the rated pump flow rates also would you?

But where is the file coming from? Within HPTuners software or from internet? Would be awesome to compare the different settings from the module. Understandably they dont want you getting the wrong file and bricking your FPCM.

I really want the Livernois dual pump setup but not if it has two 58psi regulators on them... if it had the CTS-V pumps, with 500kpa (72psi regulator) I'd buy it right now. 58psi Kinda defeats the purpose. Even if it had 450kpa (68psi) that would be ok. Be nice to make a list of all of them, side by side like the one you started.

This is starting to look like it may be the best $50 ever spent. Thanks HPT!
    Last edited by 10_SS; 03-28-2017 at 03:31 PM.
    2010 Camaro LS3 (E38 ECU - Spark only). MS3X running complete RTT fuel control (wideband).
    Whipple 2.9L, 3.875" Pulley, kit injectors, supplied MSD Boost-A-Pump, stock pump
    LG Motorsports 1 7/8" Headers - No Cats, stock mid pipe with JBA Axle Back
    ZL1 Wheels/Tires

Quote Originally Posted by 10_SS View Post
    you can't read the file out of the FPCM... HPTuners will supply you with the correct stock file, so I guess I just answered my own question wondering if my file was stock. You can flash your edited file though.

I'm convinced the max pressure Table is the only thing that's really different about the ZL1 FPCM, and the ZL1 one has a 68 psi regulator in the fuel pump module compared to 58 psi on the SS.

What I want to test is if my pump duty cycle will go much higher if I increase values and that max pressure table, though I won't see more than 58 psi because of the regulator. If duty cycle keeps going up the higher I make the max pressure table and then that's all we need. I may butn my pump out though, I have an MSD BAP.
    Several of the other tables are different, i.e. the duty cycle tables. If I can't read the file from the car, how am I supposed to edit it and flash the calibration? It gives me the option when I read the car to read the FSCM.
    2012 Camaro SS/RS M6. TVS2300 w/rear OD cog drive and ported lower manifold, On top of a forged 416.
    1965 Oldmobile Cutlass. 5.7L LS1/4L60E transplant in progress from 98 TransAm donor car.

Quote Originally Posted by 2012LS3Vert View Post
    Several of the other tables are different, i.e. the duty cycle tables. If I can't read the file from the car, how am I supposed to edit it and flash the calibration? It gives me the option when I read the car to read the FSCM.
    yea they are but i think that is only for the PWM control, you will see in the scanner there are Short Term and Long Term trims for the fuel pump also... so you request say 50psi in the Max Pressure table, and it references the Duty Cycle tables to run the pump at, and if it's off, then it corrects and stores the correction as the trims, just like for fueling. So if I switched to two pumps, I think I would have to adjust these tables to dial in the Duty Cycle Trim error. Right now my stock pump runs around 1.0 correction for both... 1.06 sometimes.

Main thing is if it is as simple as increasing the Max Pressure table and that increases Duty Cycle to the pump... then BAM... there you go. I have decreased it and pressure drops and matches whatever I put in there... just haven't increased it yet.

As mentioned a few times alrleady, it reads what FPCM and VIN/OS you have, then supplies you with a stock FPCM file for your car to view and edit (as part of your single HPT ECU file), then you flash that back to it when you hit the FLASH button. Even then you cant read it again but you have the editable portion now built in to your ECM tune. So it basically works just like your ECU tuning, just that you cant read it out if you forgot what you have in there. You have to track your changes better... I always label my tunes as "137f FPRM Changes to Max Pressure CURRENT.hpt" for example

So for scanner you need to add these (from the FPCM section) if you dont have them already:
    1) Fuel Pressure
    2) Instantaneous Fuel Flow Estimate (lb/hr) - this is the flow data that shows in the top row of MAX PRESSURE table in FPCM
    3) Fuel Pump Commanded DC
    4) Desired Fuel Pressure - this should also match the data in the MAX PRESSURE table accoring to what ever Fuel Flow your at
    5) Fuel Pressure
    6) Fuel Pump Trim Short Term
    7) Fuel Pump Trim Long Term

What you should see is your Desired Fuel Pressure should always match your Fuel Pressure. Desired fuel pressure is what the FPCM is trying to supply by modulating the Fuel Pump via PWM. I thought I had weak pump and losing fuel pressure but I'm not.. my stock FPCM MAX PRESSURE table reduces pressure as FLOW RATE increases, for whatever reason. Maybe to save the pump. My Boost A Pump is adding voltage to allow it to have more power/rated flow, but the FPCM is still modulating it, at least in the non-boost areas. I need to read up on my MSD BAP and see exactly how it works.. does it just increase voltage or is it also modifying the PWM signal (increasing Duty Cycle)... hopefully not.
    Last edited by 10_SS; 03-28-2017 at 03:50 PM.
    2010 Camaro LS3 (E38 ECU - Spark only). MS3X running complete RTT fuel control (wideband).
    Whipple 2.9L, 3.875" Pulley, kit injectors, supplied MSD Boost-A-Pump, stock pump
    ZL1 Wheels/Tires

I guess that is what I was getting at, it gives me a read option for the FSCM. When I did that for my car, it won't let me edit my file. Maybe that is why it won't let me edit my file, because I have a ZL1 calibration/OS in my FSCM, but my car is an SS. I will try this afternoon with a stock SS. I am only intending on using this for the Camaros and SS sedans that I do that have a ZL1 pump already, so the DC and pressure tables from a stock ZL1 file should be accurate. I just don't know if there is something else that we can't see that would keep it from working as in a stock ZL1.

Quote Originally Posted by 2012LS3Vert View Post
    I guess that is what I was getting at, it gives me a read option for the FSCM. When I did that for my car, it won't let me edit my file. Maybe that is why it won't let me edit my file, because I have a ZL1 calibration/OS in my FSCM, but my car is an SS. I will try this afternoon with a stock SS. I am only intending on using this for the Camaros and SS sedans that I do that have a ZL1 pump already, so the DC and pressure tables from a stock ZL1 file should be accurate. I just don't know if there is something else that we can't see that would keep it from working as in a stock ZL1.
    So far, the only difference I see in how it works is stock SS will reduce pressure with high flow rates (probably only achievable with boost) and the ZL1 file is told to stay at the higher constant psi the entire time (450kpa). Nobody has posted a CTS-V file yet, but that is supposed to be "boost referenced" but all that might be is the Max Pressure table increase pressure as Fuel Flow increases... hopefully we know soon!
    ZL1 Wheels/Tires

For those worried about not getting an "actual" read from their module, please keep in mind that until now, no software was able to write custom calibrations to these. Unless it was already modified by someone else (or you) via HPT, you likely have a stock file in the FSCM. You can always verify if you have a stock tune with the TIS database by retrieving your calibration vehicle numbers (CVN) in an infolog.
    Last edited by Engineer@HPT; 03-28-2017 at 04:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Engineer@HPT View Post
    For those worried about not getting an "actual" read from their module, please keep in mind that until know, no software was able to write custom calibrations to these. Unless it was already modified by someone else (or you) via HPT, you likely have a stock file in the FSCM. You can always verify if you have a stock tune with the TIS database by retrieving your calibration vehicle numbers (CVN) in an infolog.
    Now that I know it isnt an actual read, it is fine. But I already know my FSCM isnt a stock file for my car, because I installed one that was flashed with a ZL1 file with TIS2Web. But it wont let me edit mine, which is why I sent the file to support, because I didnt see anywhere how the file is generated, because it gave me a read option, so I assumed it was just reading the file.

Holy Shit it works! changed my decreasing Pressure table to all 400kpa (58psi) and it holds 58 psi now! I only ran it to 5000 RPM but it used to start dropping at 3500 RPM stock, now rocksolid 58 psi. I'll probably blow my pump out that's fine!! I can't believe it

Advanced Tuner
    So, i hooked up the 09 CTSV module and got this code (See screen shot). Attached the FSCM Read... or what ever it gave me as a file. Dont have a CTSV to compare it to but, if i were a betting man, its not the Silverado parameters judging by the higher pressures. About to go read a buddys flex fuel silverado.

CTSV Read.jpg

09 CTSV FSCM.hpt
    Last edited by mcfarlnd; 03-28-2017 at 07:07 PM.
    1961 C-10 5.3 NV3500

2007 NNBS ECSB 4.8

It's almost as if somebody fed HPT some data for this.

And begged. Definitely begged. Definitely.

Now let me buy a damn unlimited license.

The reason you can't read the file out is that the hardware doesn't support read mode.

DSX Tuning - Authorized HP Tuners Dealer
    http://www.dsxtuning.com
    http://www.facebook.com/dsx.tuning
    Just say no to bull s***.
    IF YOU WANT HELP, POST A FILE!

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Engineer@HPT View Post
    For those worried about not getting an "actual" read from their module, please keep in mind that until now, no software was able to write custom calibrations to these. Unless it was already modified by someone else (or you) via HPT, you likely have a stock file in the FSCM. You can always verify if you have a stock tune with the TIS database by retrieving your calibration vehicle numbers (CVN) in an infolog.
    Only concern i had about the read was if it was generating from the OS or VIN. In my circumstance, I am using a CTSV module in my truck and wanted to try and determine if I was comparing Silverado FSCM parameters or CTSV FSCM parameters. My silverado FSCM wouldnt even read which was sent to support however when i plugged in the CTSV FSCM i got a read that could be edited. I am extremely grateful for this and have mentioned it in my posts as well as emails and apologize if it came off as complaining.
    1961 C-10 5.3 NV3500

2007 NNBS ECSB 4.8

Quote Originally Posted by mcfarlnd View Post
    So, i hooked up the 09 CTSV module and got this code (See screen shot). Attached the FSCM Read... or what ever it gave me as a file. Dont have a CTSV to compare it to.

CTSV Read.jpg

NOTE:**THIS IS A CTSV MODULE INSTALLED INTO A 2007 SILVERADO**
    09 CTSV FSCM.hpt

Awesome!! The only real difference I see is the REGULATION PRESSURE table, it's fully populated on the V, and all 450's on the ZL1. There are other minor differences in the DC tables, probably to account for the differences in the pump.

So maybe there's another table not shown, and if someone has proof the CTS-V increases pressure as Boost or Fuel Flow increases, then there must be another change to the OS or hardware to allow boost reference I dont really see it with what we have to look at.

Dont think it really matters though, I havent been able to test above 58psi but so far it's looking like the tables we have is enough to increase fuel pressure based on Estimated Fuel Flow.
    ZL1 Wheels/Tires

Tuning Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by 10_SS View Post
    Holy Shit it works! changed my decreasing Pressure table to all 400kpa (58psi) and it holds 58 psi now! I only ran it to 5000 RPM but it used to start dropping at 3500 RPM stock, now rocksolid 58 psi. I'll probably blow my pump out that's fine!! I can't believe it
    This is good to know - I have a SS coming in still running the stock pump to my knowledge and it's going to be switching over to E60... He's already at 60% DC on his big injectors, so keeping my fingers crossed that I can ramp the pump output up and help things out This also means that hopefully no more ZL1 FPCM's needed unless they have higher limits?
    2010 Vette Stock Bottom LS3 - LS2 APS Twin Turbo Kit, Trick Flow Heads and Custom Cam - 12psi - 714rwhp and 820rwtq / 100hp Nitrous Shot starting at 3000 rpms - 948rwhp and 1044rwtq still on 93
    2011 Vette Cam Only Internal Mod in stock LS3 -- YSI @ 18psi - 811rwhp on 93 / 926rwhp on E60 & 1008rwhp with a 50 shot of nitrous all through a 6L80

~Greg Huggins~
    Remote Tuning Available at gh[email protected]
    Mobile Tuning Available for North Georgia and WNC

Quote Originally Posted by DSteck View Post
    It's almost as if somebody fed HPT some data for this.

And begged. Definitely begged. Definitely.

Now let me buy a damn unlimited license.

The reason you can't read the file out is that the hardware doesn't support read mode.
    Who is that guy? I am unable to reverse engineer this post.

Tuning Addict
    AND thank you Dave for helping get all of this added - now just convince HPT to add baro update settings
    2010 Vette Stock Bottom LS3 - LS2 APS Twin Turbo Kit, Trick Flow Heads and Custom Cam - 12psi - 714rwhp and 820rwtq / 100hp Nitrous Shot starting at 3000 rpms - 948rwhp and 1044rwtq still on 93
    2011 Vette Cam Only Internal Mod in stock LS3 -- YSI @ 18psi - 811rwhp on 93 / 926rwhp on E60 & 1008rwhp with a 50 shot of nitrous all through a 6L80

~Greg Huggins~
    Remote Tuning Available at gh[email protected]
    Mobile Tuning Available for North Georgia and WNC