Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: FSCM (FPCM) Tables/Settings - 2010 Camaro LS3 vs ZL1

Quote Originally Posted by mcfarlnd View Post
    Only concern i had about the read was if it was generating from the OS or VIN. In my circumstance, I am using a CTSV module in my truck and wanted to try and determine if I was comparing Silverado FSCM parameters or CTSV FSCM parameters. My silverado FSCM wouldnt even read which was sent to support however when i plugged in the CTSV FSCM i got a read that could be edited. I am extremely grateful for this and have mentioned it in my posts as well as emails and apologize if it came off as complaining.
    You will get a file that matches the software that is currently in your FSCM, it's not VIN based.

I'm just trying to get more credit for doing little. Lol.

The ZR1 FPCM is going to be the core of a very interesting project for me...

DSX Tuning - Authorized HP Tuners Dealer
    http://www.dsxtuning.com
    http://www.facebook.com/dsx.tuning
    Just say no to bull s***.
    IF YOU WANT HELP, POST A FILE!

Quote Originally Posted by GHuggins View Post
    This is good to know - I have a SS coming in still running the stock pump to my knowledge and it's going to be switching over to E60... He's already at 60% DC on his big injectors, so keeping my fingers crossed that I can ramp the pump output up and help things out This also means that hopefully no more ZL1 FPCM's needed unless they have higher limits?
    the thing with the limits... the Fuel Injector limits show 63lb/hr in the comments. The two main pressure tables show 4096kpa.. who knows if they actually support that pressure
    2010 Camaro LS3 (E38 ECU - Spark only). MS3X running complete RTT fuel control (wideband).
    Whipple 2.9L, 3.875" Pulley, kit injectors, supplied MSD Boost-A-Pump, stock pump
    LG Motorsports 1 7/8" Headers - No Cats, stock mid pipe with JBA Axle Back
    ZL1 Wheels/Tires

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by DSteck View Post
    I'm just trying to get more credit for doing little. Lol.

The ZR1 FPCM is going to be the core of a very interesting project for me...
    Thank you!
    1961 C-10 5.3 NV3500

2007 NNBS ECSB 4.8

You're not going to get very far past the limits of the internal regulator without some massive pump to overcome it.

Advanced Tuner
    You're not going to get very far past the limits of the internal regulator without some massive pump to overcome it.
    Sounds like a business opportunity to make some internal regulators for these buckets unless you have a solution. Im trying to find just a stock internal regulator for a CTSV to retrofit into my silverado bucket and it is proving difficult.
    1961 C-10 5.3 NV3500

2007 NNBS ECSB 4.8

Stock I actually started decreasing desired fuel pressure at 3000rpm.

Here's the changes to the injector and pump duty cycle with 400kpa/58psi across the board

Stock FPCM Settings
    rpm------Fuel psi/desired-------Inj DC-------Pump DC
    5000-----48/50-------------------60----------81.6
    6000-----46/48-------------------73----------91.4

400kpa Fuel Pressure flat across
    5000-----57/58-------------------54----------85.9
    6000-----61/58-------------------60-------- 95.0
    Last edited by 10_SS; 04-03-2017 at 08:25 PM.
    2010 Camaro LS3 (E38 ECU - Spark only). MS3X running complete RTT fuel control (wideband).
    Whipple 2.9L, 3.875" Pulley, kit injectors, supplied MSD Boost-A-Pump, stock pump
    ZL1 Wheels/Tires

Quote Originally Posted by GHuggins View Post
    This is good to know - I have a SS coming in still running the stock pump to my knowledge and it's going to be switching over to E60... He's already at 60% DC on his big injectors, so keeping my fingers crossed that I can ramp the pump output up and help things out This also means that hopefully no more ZL1 FPCM's needed unless they have higher limits?
    Tried to read a 2010 and 2011 SS with stock FPCMs, wouldnt work with the beta I downloaded today.

Quote Originally Posted by 10_SS View Post
    Good info! You wouldn't happen to have the rated pump flow rates also would you?

But where is the file coming from? Within HPTuners software or from internet? Would be awesome to compare the different settings from the module. Understandably they dont want you getting the wrong file and bricking your FPCM.

I really want the Livernois dual pump setup but not if it has two 58psi regulators on them... if it had the CTS-V pumps, with 500kpa (72psi regulator) I'd buy it right now. 58psi Kinda defeats the purpose. Even if it had 450kpa (68psi) that would be ok. Be nice to make a list of all of them, side by side like the one you started.

This is starting to look like it may be the best $50 ever spent. Thanks HPT!
    To answer your concern, the Livernois dual pump setup is a CTS-V module with an adapter for the Camaro venturi pump pickup tube and internal wiring for the fuel evel sensor changed to work in the camaro. So it has the CTS-V regulator.

Quote Originally Posted by mcfarlnd View Post
    Sounds like a business opportunity to make some internal regulators for these buckets unless you have a solution. Im trying to find just a stock internal regulator for a CTSV to retrofit into my silverado bucket and it is proving difficult.
    I have one sitting on my desk. I have yet to find a source for them though. It'd be easier to just make a block off and not have a regulator.

Quote Originally Posted by 2012LS3Vert View Post
    To answer your concern, the Livernois dual pump setup is a CTS-V module with an adapter for the Camaro venturi pump pickup tube and internal wiring for the fuel evel sensor changed to work in the camaro. So it has the CTS-V regulator.
    then Im ordering today! Thanks I did send an email to livernois.. havent heard back yet.
    ZL1 Wheels/Tires

I have one sitting on my desk. I have yet to find a source for them though. It'd be easier to just make a block off and not have a regulator.
    I thought about blocking it off also for Camaro, but doesn't the siphon tube rely on recirc from the regulator? I was thinking that is why they leave 50% DC on the pump at idle? Then I was thinking I could just remove the regulator and put a restrictor in it, but then that would lose some flow at WOT since it would always be losing fuel...
    ZL1 Wheels/Tires

The regulator is just to prevent some insane over pressure scenario. They run 50% duty cycle around idle to be able to maintain the lower pressure at lower flow.

It's interesting that HPT added scanning parameters for the FPCM. I had asked about this before, but was told support was done for FPCMs for now. I couldn't figure out the CAN response, but admittedly didn't spend much time on it either. I just checked OSID 20964291, and nothing is supported for the FPCM for scanning.

The regulator is just to prevent some insane over pressure scenario. They run 50% duty cycle around idle to be able to maintain the lower pressure at lower flow.

It's interesting that HPT added scanning parameters for the FPCM. I had asked about this before, but was told support was done for FPCMs for now. I couldn't figure out the CAN response, but admittedly didn't spend much time on it either. I just checked OSID 20964291, and nothing is supported for the FPCM for scanning.
    I agree, I didn't notice these PID's in scanner before.

Regarding the regulator... my tune shows 68psi setpoint, with about 50% DC on idle and normal driving. So I think the regulator is bypassing fuel all the time, just like a recirc system except it's recircing directly inside the tank. This keeps the pump cool and creates the siphon needed to suck fuel from the other side of the tank. Removing or plugging the regulator will dead head the pump, could overheat it, and stop the siphoning affect and possibly run the pump side of the tank out of fuel with fuel left in the other side.

That's what I got from looking at the regulator at least.. it has the siphon part built into it.
    Last edited by 10_SS; 03-29-2017 at 09:08 AM.
    ZL1 Wheels/Tires

Advanced Tuner
    Dave, no disrespect, but I've put 13 zl1 vin in many as fpcm of various years with no issues using sps/tis and an mdi.

Advanced Tuner
    So, you want to ship that paper weight my way?
    1961 C-10 5.3 NV3500

2007 NNBS ECSB 4.8

Quote Originally Posted by SilverBullet6.0 View Post
    Dave, no disrespect, but I've put 13 zl1 vin in many as fpcm of various years with no issues using sps/tis and an mdi.
    It's never an issue until you have an issue. I think he was just kinda making a disclaimer as he's probably bricked one or two.
    ZL1 Wheels/Tires

I can say that I personally have a pile of FSCMs dead due to mismatched OS writes.

So what is the preferred method at this point, for say a 2010 Camaro SS equipped with the ZL1 intank pump assembly, make changes to the stock SS FPCM to reflect ZL1 settings,or install a stock ZL1 FPCM?
    www.crawford-racing.com
    Home of the original and best selling CR-Fueler plug and play port injection controller kits for all GM Gen V direct injection platforms.

Quote Originally Posted by veee8 View Post
    So what is the preferred method at this point, for say a 2010 Camaro SS equipped with the ZL1 intank pump assembly, make changes to the stock SS FPCM to reflect ZL1 settings,or install a stock ZL1 FPCM?
    Well at this point sound like I'm the only one that's made changes and have proof it responds, Im also one of the few that are still runnign a stock SS pump with a supercharger. I changed the Max Desired Pressure table values that drop below 400kpa, to 400kpa since I have a 58psi (400kpa) regulator (stock SS) and it now holds 58psi to at least 5000rpm. Before it would start dropping at 3000rpm, so that table works. Then I noticed there are allot of other tables in the ECU side that also show 400kpa, so some of those might need to be increased if you plan to go above 58psi with ZL1 pump.

Log Desired Fuel Pressure and Fuel pressure and see what it does all the way to redline WOT, then change that table to not go below 400kpa and try it again. Should see a big difference if you still have the stock SS FPCM.
    ZL1 Wheels/Tires