Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: FSCM (FPCM) Tables/Settings - 2010 Camaro LS3 vs ZL1

Tuning Addict
    I plan on trying this next week
    2010 Vette Stock Bottom LS3 - LS2 APS Twin Turbo Kit, Trick Flow Heads and Custom Cam - 12psi - 714rwhp and 820rwtq / 100hp Nitrous Shot starting at 3000 rpms - 948rwhp and 1044rwtq still on 93
    2011 Vette Cam Only Internal Mod in stock LS3 -- YSI @ 18psi - 811rwhp on 93 / 926rwhp on E60 & 1008rwhp with a 50 shot of nitrous all through a 6L80

~Greg Huggins~
    Remote Tuning Available at gh[email protected]
    Mobile Tuning Available for North Georgia and WNC

Quote Originally Posted by GHuggins View Post
    I plan on trying this next week
    anxious to hear your findings, also wondering if more of the ECU fuel settings need to be adjusted if you want to go above the pressures listed there
    2010 Camaro LS3 (E38 ECU - Spark only). MS3X running complete RTT fuel control (wideband).
    Whipple 2.9L, 3.875" Pulley, kit injectors, supplied MSD Boost-A-Pump, stock pump
    LG Motorsports 1 7/8" Headers - No Cats, stock mid pipe with JBA Axle Back
    ZL1 Wheels/Tires

Tuner in Training
    Per Dave Steck

A) You can't write entire a FPCM with HPT.
    B) You can't write a ZL1 operating system into a 2010 SS piece of hardware. Not even TIS allows it.
    C) You will have to address the internal mechanical regulator.

It's easier to switch to a V pump assembly and FPCM.

Or go here- www.lsaconversion.com and buy a FPCM that increases fuel pressure like a boosted car should.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by DSteck View Post
    SS has a 400kPa regulator
    ZL1 has a 450kPa regulator
    CTS-V has a 500kPa regulator
    ZR1 has a 600+ kPa regulator

The file is generated from the OSID.
    Add this to your list.

The 09+ Flex Fuel Silverado has a 520kpa regulator
    1961 C-10 5.3 NV3500

2007 NNBS ECSB 4.8

This is a very interesting thread.

Despite reading the entire thing, a bit got lost in the translation. To summarize, what is the procedure to obtain, edit and write the FPCM for a given vehicle? I suspect the editing part can be done intuitively through the interface but I'm getting fuzy on how to get the correct OS matched version for your car and uploading it, etc.

You cannot take an operating system from one type of FSCM and overwrite a different type with it. We have a total of 6 different FSCM types supported and the OS are not interchangeable.

Quote Originally Posted by Engineer@HPT View Post
    You cannot take an operating system from one type of FSCM and overwrite a different type with it. We have a total of 6 different FSCM types supported and the OS are not interchangeable.
    Oh I understand that part of it. But it seems like at least some of the early Camaros are already supported. I don't know if GM changed the OSID between 2010 and 2015 but, supposing one of the 6 you have did support a given tuner's car, do we just ask you for it and then try to open it with the beta or how does it work?

You have to "read" it from the car which means the FPCM/CCM has to be detected on the bus first, and if it's a valid OS that HPT supports, the software will generate a file for it.

DSX Tuning - Authorized HP Tuners Dealer
    http://www.dsxtuning.com
    http://www.facebook.com/dsx.tuning
    Just say no to bull s***.
    IF YOU WANT HELP, POST A FILE!

Quote Originally Posted by DSteck View Post
    You have to "read" it from the car which means the FPCM/CCM has to be detected on the bus first, and if it's a valid OS that HPT supports, the software will generate a file for it.
    Oh... but that sounds a lot easier than this thread makes it out to be lol.

Ok so I've done some catch-up and now I think I'm probably going to end up being the 2nd person to be a guinea pig.

So the beta successfully recognized and provided the stock FPCM file with my read entire (on a 200 MHz laptop no less hehehe).

Now I notice the flow rate table doesn't jive with my new injectors but if I've understood correctly, changing this table does nothing.
    Also the min injector pulse table does nothing so I keep it stock.
    Min desired pressure, I set it to 400 kPa although I don't know if this has an effect.
    Max Desired Pressure I set the whole thing to 400, as indicated in earlier posts.
    Everything else I have left stock.
    I have a theory that open-loop dc mult may be attenuating the DC of the pump as voltage goes up, which fights the tendency to increase pressure as you would want. I dunno if this table works but making all values <1 equal to 1 would be a good change I would think.

Also concerned about the minimum fuel system voltage table on the ECM side. I set it all to 15V but I dunno if the car is being affected by it. Jannety seems to think this table has an effect but if that's the case, I don't necessarily want the fuel system at 15V all the time, only at high load. Problem is I don't know the meaning of the left hand column axis because it has no label.

I have a 2013 Camaro SS.

Now, if I write at this point, do I do a write entire or a write calibration only in order to update the FPCM? Anything screwy about the changes I've made that could brick my unit?
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by RRRocketMan; 05-24-2017 at 09:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by RRRocketMan View Post
    Ok so I've done some catch-up and now I think I'm probably going to end up being the 2nd person to be a guinea pig.

So the beta successfully recognized and provided the stock FPCM file with my read entire (on a 200 MHz laptop no less hehehe).

Now I notice the flow rate table doesn't jive with my new injectors but if I've understood correctly, changing this table does nothing.
    Also the min injector pulse table does nothing so I keep it stock.
    Min desired pressure, I set it to 400 kPa although I don't know if this has an effect.
    Max Desired Pressure I set the whole thing to 400, as indicated in earlier posts.
    Everything else I have left stock.
    Also concerned about the minimum fuel system voltage table on the ECM side. I set it all to 15V but I dunno if the car is being affected by it. Jannety seems to think this table has an effect but if that's the case, I don't necessarily want the fuel system at 15V all the time, only at high load. Problem is I don't know the meaning of the left hand column axis because it has no label.

I have a 2013 Camaro SS.

Now, if I write at this point, do I do a write entire or a write calibration only in order to update the FPCM? Anything screwy about the changes I've made that could brick my unit?
    Max Desired Pressure is all I really changed and it worked fine. I ended up lowering it at 166lb/hr and above to 380kpa which is just a bit below my 58psi regulator thinking this way it wont waste extra flow/power from trying to hold 58psi if it happens to be bypassing the regulator at WOT, if that's what happens. I would think the bypass affect is what they want with low flow scenarios to keep the pump from dead heading, and cool internally. At high flow then it's bypassing through to the injectors so it's not deadheading that way.

When you are ready to flash changes to the FPCM, you will see two boxes pop up, one for the ECU, and one for the FPCM. I choose "DO NOT WRITE" for the ECU, then I choose "WRITE CALIBRATION" for FPCM.

Then after that, I have to always choose to DO NOT WRITE to the FPCM every time I flash a new tune to my ECU. I wish DO NOT WRITE was default for the FPCM. YOu could WRITE CALIBRATION to the FPCM every time you wanted to flash the ECU, but that's extra time and more chance for something to go wrong.

Nobody really explained why there are duplicate tables in the FPCM vs. the ECU..
    Last edited by 10_SS; 05-24-2017 at 09:34 PM.
    2010 Camaro LS3 (E38 ECU - Spark only). MS3X running complete RTT fuel control (wideband).
    Whipple 2.9L, 3.875" Pulley, kit injectors, supplied MSD Boost-A-Pump, stock pump
    LG Motorsports 1 7/8" Headers - No Cats, stock mid pipe with JBA Axle Back
    ZL1 Wheels/Tires

Quote Originally Posted by 10_SS View Post
    Max Desired Pressure is all I really changed and it worked fine. I ended up lowering it at 166lb/hr and above to 380kpa which is just a bit below my 58psi regulator thinking this way it wont waste extra flow/power from trying to hold 58psi if it happens to be bypassing the regulator at WOT, if that's what happens. I would think the bypass affect is what they want with low flow scenarios to keep the pump from dead heading, and cool internally. At high flow then it's bypassing through to the injectors so it's not deadheading that way.

When you are ready to flash changes to the FPCM, you will see two boxes pop up, one for the ECU, and one for the FPCM. I choose "DO NOT WRITE" for the ECU, then I choose "WRITE CALIBRATION" for FPCM.

Then after that, I have to always choose to DO NOT WRITE to the FPCM every time I flash a new tune to my ECU. I wish DO NOT WRITE was default for the FPCM. YOu could WRITE CALIBRATION to the FPCM every time you wanted to flash the ECU, but that's extra time and more chance for something to go wrong.

Nobody really explained why there are duplicate tables in the FPCM vs. the ECU..
    I suspect there must be some sort of bypass. You can't just hold a fixed pressure with a pump unless the working fluid is able to back-drive through the impeller, somewhat like a torque converter but this would create a lot of unnecessary heat. As long as there is a bypass, the pump can spin along quite happily at 58 psi and I'm a firm believer that the motor GM sourced for this pump can run at full duty all day long without dying. GM engineering is pretty good with safety factor. If the demand is low, the voltage may be a bit lower and the DC will certainly be low, so the 58 psi is of no concern. The only time the motor would be stressed is at peak demand and this is transient at best. I guess it depends on your HP level and injectors. For me, I'm targeting 650'ish BHP with 62lb injectors, which I honestly believe the SS pump can handle all by itself. The only thing I need to determine (or you can if you're inclined one day) is whether or not raising the fuel system voltage to 14.5 and the max DC to 99% has any impact at all on raising the ceiling of the pump. Also that DC multiplier might be interesting to play with. It decreases <1 as voltage increases so keeping the low values at 1 would allow max duty to be achieved at high voltage.

All these speculative changes, if combined, and if even some of them worked, would provide enough of a BAP effect to possibly get you by without one. A BAP on a PWM system is kind of crap anyway. I know it technically works but clearly the computer is fighting it via DC feedback so it's not nearly as good as advertised for those types of FPCM.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by 10_SS View Post

I agree on the DO NOT WRITE! For now, I keep the FSCM files separate from my ECU files for this exact reason.
    1961 C-10 5.3 NV3500

2007 NNBS ECSB 4.8

I wonder why GM thought to reduce flow at high RPMs? I can't imagine it was to save the pump. How long does the car spend at high RPMs? I would think supplying fuel would be far more important, especially in a vehicle that begs to be modified.

we'll never know unless someone talk to the feel pump engineer. The thing is pressure is reducing but the duty Cycle is still going up probably even on stock car, , so odds are the pump or fpcm or something isnt rated for more than whatvever amount of volts/amps. how do I separate my FPCM file? I'll have to do that

guys...i just got the beta and read mine. i donj't know if it's helpfull but i hve the adm fpcm.

i hope this helps hhh.hpt

noticed the max boost table is populated

Advanced Tuner
    I read entire FSCM only. Then read entire ECM and Trans only. One file for the FSCM and another for the engine/tranny.
    1961 C-10 5.3 NV3500

2007 NNBS ECSB 4.8

Advanced Tuner
    Compare that to the CTSV FSCM I posted on the first page.
    1961 C-10 5.3 NV3500

2007 NNBS ECSB 4.8

I have the adm fpcm in the car but I have somewhere the original camaro fpcm. I think it's the time to do some tests 😅

I don't understand why gm put a double pump assembly and a single pump in a zl1 wich has the same engine 😑. I don't know if those pumps really need different fpcm since the double pumps has the same connector so the pumps are working together
    Last edited by avido; 05-27-2017 at 03:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by avido View Post
    I have the adm fpcm in the car but I have somewhere the original camaro fpcm. I think it's the time to do some tests 😅

I don't understand why gm put a double pump assembly and a single pump in a zl1 wich has the same engine 😑. I don't know if those pumps really need different fpcm since the double pumps has the same connector so the pumps are working together
    First thing to test would be the DC multiplier table. All values <1 should be set to 1 to see if it stops the FPCM from attenuating voltage.