Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4567891011 LastLast

Thread: FSCM (FPCM) Tables/Settings - 2010 Camaro LS3 vs ZL1

Quote Originally Posted by GrannySShifting View Post
    Your boost pump, is it wired before or after FPCM and what is the max voltage you are running? The one we tried after the FPCM turned all the way up to 17v (Kenne Bell) throws some codes and Ive had it cut all fuel pressure in middle of 2 pulls. Ive since turned it down a hair, to the point where FP started dropping (its set to 60 psi across board now and was holding that on dyno) then turned it back up a little bit so it held pressure again. Guessing we are 15.8-16.5 volts now
    Got your PM, try this...

Ed M
    Attached Files Attached Files
    2004 Vette Coupe, LS2, MN6, Vararam, ARH/CATs, Ti's, 4:10, Trickflow 215, 30# SVO, Vette Doctors Cam, Fast 90/90, DD McLeod, DTE Brace, Hurst shifter, Bilsteins etc. 480/430

ERM Performance Tuning -- Interactive Learning ..from tuning software training to custom tunes
    HP Tuners Dealer- VCM Suite (free 2hr training session with purchase), credits and new Version 2.0 turtorial available
    http://www.ermperformancetuning.com
    http://www.facebook.com/ERMPerformanceTuning

[email protected]

FYI - The max % Ethanol you can run with stock LS3 Whipple Injectors with MSD BAP and stock pump is 40%.

That's actually better than I thought.

Fuel pressure started at 53-54psi (commanded 55psi) near 6000rpm and dropped to 42psi by 6500rpm. Once the FPDC hit 100%, fuel pressure started dropping so that's a nice correlation. Still, AFR was solid and on target.

I got allot of knock at the beginning, not sure why but I usually get some around 2800rpm... just seems a bit worse in this log.

142 85F WOT to Redline E85 40percent WOT SNIPPET.hpl
    2010 Camaro LS3 (E38 ECU - Spark only). MS3X running complete RTT fuel control (wideband).
    Whipple 2.9L, 3.875" Pulley, kit injectors, supplied MSD Boost-A-Pump, stock pump
    LG Motorsports 1 7/8" Headers - No Cats, stock mid pipe with JBA Axle Back
    ZL1 Wheels/Tires

Tuner in Training

FPCM 2010 ss ??

So I'm looking for clarification on the fuel pump topic , I have a 2010 ss and have installed a zl1 pump , can I just adjust the settings to zl1 setting in the fuel system -fuel pressure tab as per my pictures and write to the ecm? or do I still have to get a seperate FPCM and have the zl1 programming installed by the dealer and go from there?
    Thank you in advance

stock ss.PNG

zl1 settings.PNG

you need the FSCM settings, to do that you need to make a new read of both controllers (you should see two on the READ screen) using new versions of Software and you should see a new tab "Fuel Control Module" then copy the seetings from the ZL1 file in the second post. the settings you show are in the ECU not FSCM and you should probably copy those from a ZL1 also. Once you copy the settings from the ZL1 file in the second post, we are thinking that should make your SS FSCM just like a ZL1 FPSM.

This tab should be between FUEL PUMP and FUEL TANK/GAUGE when you get the FSCM loaded. BUT the FSCM is not readable, so HPT will say it's supplying a stock cal for you to edit, it can flash your changes but you can never read it to see what you have in it so make sure you dont forget that.
    Last edited by 10_SS; 09-28-2017 at 09:54 PM.
    2010 Camaro LS3 (E38 ECU - Spark only). MS3X running complete RTT fuel control (wideband).
    Whipple 2.9L, 3.875" Pulley, kit injectors, supplied MSD Boost-A-Pump, stock pump
    ZL1 Wheels/Tires

Quote Originally Posted by GrannySShifting View Post
    What table is this for inceasing voltage, and are you increasing alt output voltage or voltage FPCM is sending to pump?
    It's under System>General>Fuel System Voltage. Just change all the values in the table to 14.5. This will command a higher voltage for the pump. Not sure exactly how this is achieved electrically. I'm sure it's some sort of switched power. The rest comes from the FSCM section you pay the extra credits for. There you just prevent the pressure from decaying with RPM. Then, apparently as others have said, there are some DC tables you could change which have an impact?

Quote Originally Posted by RRRocketMan View Post
    It's under System>General>Fuel System Voltage. Just change all the values in the table to 14.5. This will command a higher voltage for the pump. Not sure exactly how this is achieved electrically. I'm sure it's some sort of switched power. The rest comes from the FSCM section you pay the extra credits for. There you just prevent the pressure from decaying with RPM. Then, apparently as others have said, there are some DC tables you could change which have an impact?
    This is under Alternator settings so is it just making sure the alternator doesn't allow lower than the voltage in that table? (Mine says 12.5v)? However my car never goes down much lower than 14.3v but I think it might on longer trips as carss these days use amp meter on the charge system near the battery+ to determine if charging is really needed or not. On long drives I will notice other cars (like my truck) will have power reduced which saves the battery from overcharge and saves gas.

By increasing this table is it just telling the alternator to not go down to 12.5v since this table says "Minimum voltage required by fuel system for proper operation"?
    ZL1 Wheels/Tires

Advanced Tuner
    on my project truck im using 2013 ZL1 ECM/TCM, using forced induction, currently fuel system setup is: Walbro 450 intank with fuel mat, fuel regulator with boost/vacuum signal, return style..i would like to install ZL1 FPCM so i can log fuel pressure, etc, what would be the correct way to set up the hardware(regulator/hoses) and the calibration of the fpcm, can i set the fuel pressure to 450KPA in the regulator; engine off direct voltage to the pump then install FPCM as factory, remove the vacuum/boost signal from the regulator and keep stock ZL1 FPCM calibration? adjust pump DC?

You dont need to do all that. The FPCM wont do anything hooked to a return style setup, as your pump will be running 100% DC anyway. The E67 PCM has the input for the pressure sender, the FPCM gets it from the PCM.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by 2012LS3Vert View Post
    You dont need to do all that. The FPCM wont do anything hooked to a return style setup, as your pump will be running 100% DC anyway. The E67 PCM has the input for the pressure sender, the FPCM gets it from the PCM.
    i thought the zl1 uses intank regulator to 450 kpa and FPCM regulates pressure but the max pressure will be 450kpa ? if i set my fpr to that pressure? drive the pump from the fpcm will not be the same?, are you 100% i can wire the fuel pressure directly to the ECM? im positive fuel pressure sensor goes to FPCM

Connector C1, pin 48 on the PCM is the fuel pressure signal input. I dont know what you are trying to do, but if you are running a return regulator, there is no reason to run the pump through the FPCM, as it wont be PWM controlled. The ZL1 pump is not internally regulated, it is controlled via PWM to the correct pressure. There is a relief valve, but it is set over 500kpa. The FPCM is for driving a PWM fuel pump, if you arent doing that, you dont need it.

Advanced Tuner
    Connector C1, pin 48 on the PCM is the fuel pressure signal input. I dont know what you are trying to do, but if you are running a return regulator, there is no reason to run the pump through the FPCM, as it wont be PWM controlled. The ZL1 pump is not internally regulated, it is controlled via PWM to the correct pressure. There is a relief valve, but it is set over 500kpa. The FPCM is for driving a PWM fuel pump, if you arent doing that, you dont need it.
    i was thinking it too much and mixed information and own thoughts. Now i fully understand and really thank you for your time. I will keep my fuel system setup but i will upgrade the hoses for the feed lines as my current ones are small, and will wire the fuel pressure sensor so the ecm know the actual fuel pressure and can compensate in case of pressure drop? is that correct?

yes, as long as sensor is wired in, the pcm will use IFR table to compensate for pressure spikes or dips. If you put the sensor near the fuel rail, it works better than back by the tank like the camaros. Thats where I add them on retrofit applications

Advanced Tuner
    yes, as long as sensor is wired in, the pcm will use IFR table to compensate for pressure spikes or dips. If you put the sensor near the fuel rail, it works better than back by the tank like the camaros. Thats where I add them on retrofit applications
    Just one more, do you have th other pin locations? i been looking but cant find any info, c1 pin 48 shows Fuel Tank Pressure Sensor on the diagrams that are on the web

Not where i can get to it on my phone currently. I need the diagram, it is one of the 5v reference pins and low ref pins.

Quote Originally Posted by castorjames View Post
    Just one more, do you have th other pin locations? i been looking but cant find any info, c1 pin 48 shows Fuel Tank Pressure Sensor on the diagrams that are on the web
    The ECU uses the FSCM to send fuel pressure for the IFR table. Without the FSCM installed, you cant get fuel pressure. Tank pressure isn't going to use the IFR table. You can have the FSCM connected and tune it to run with your pump, most likely, even if you have to have the pump run 99% Full. Or wire the pump manually and tell the FSCM to run at 99% all the time.

There are ways to get the FSCM working with aftermarket pumps, dual and triple pumps, even boost referenced and return style, thanks to HPT!
    Last edited by 10_SS; 08-22-2018 at 10:17 PM.
    ZL1 Wheels/Tires

His truck doesnt have a fpcm from the factory, he is just trying to add one in an E67 retrofit application. I have added the sensors without the fpcm in refrofit applications with the E38 and E67, it is just a 5V reference sensor, you just have to pull a 5V and low reference to the sensor and add the pin to the ECM. I use a tank sensor, which gives a direct voltage to pressure correlation. On the E67 it is X1 connector, pin 34 for the 5v ref, 48 for the sensor signal, and pin 9 is the 27** series low ref circuit in the X1 connector. Then set FPCM to not fitted.

His truck doesnt have a fpcm from the factory, he is just trying to add one in an E67 retrofit application. I have added the sensors without the fpcm in refrofit applications with the E38 and E67, it is just a 5V reference sensor, you just have to pull a 5V and low reference to the sensor and add the pin to the ECM. I use a tank sensor, which gives a direct voltage to pressure correlation. On the E67 it is X1 connector, pin 34 for the 5v ref, 48 for the sensor signal, and pin 9 is the 27** series low ref circuit in the X1 connector. Then set FPCM to not fitted.
    E67 X1 Pin 48 is the Fuel Tank Pressure input. Are you saying you use that just to log fuel pressure? That wont work for the IFR table (the most important thing to have). Logging the data sure.

I would just get a working E67 with FSCM setup and use that OS to log correct Fuel Pressure, then you have the working fuel pressure being fed to the IFR table also.
    ZL1 Wheels/Tires

Yes, the fuel tank pressure sensor is how the FPCM gets pressure in a stock system. It works for logging data for sure. I set the FPCM to not fitted in a retrofit applucation, and have not had an issue with it. When it is set to not fitted I am pretty sure it defaults to that input for fuel pressure. I usually flatline the IFR tables in a return setup anyway, have not tried it specifically to reference fuel pressue vs IFR. But if logging then you would see the pressure drop anyway and address fuel system shortcomings. He didnt say what is application is specifically, but he said truck retrofit, so adding a FSCM in say a 1967 Chevy C10 with an ls retrofit would be unnecessarily complicated, running wiring inputs and data bus cables, including shielded wiring just to reference the IFR vs pressure table.

When it is set to not fitted I am pretty sure it defaults to that input for fuel pressure. I usually flatline the IFR tables in a return setup anyway, have not tried it specifically to reference fuel pressue vs IFR. But if logging then you would see the pressure drop anyway and address fuel system shortcomings.
    I don't think it works this way. Fuel Tank Pressure is required for all cars for Emissions requirements, it cannot be ignored for some cars. Without a FPCM, Tank Pressure must be used on that input so the emissions test will run. With the FPCM, they also don't use that pin for Fuel Pressure since the FPCM measures Fuel Pressure to control PWM, they could use the FPCM for Tank Pressure also, save some wire, but they don't. It's more work than it's worth since it already has a dedicated input to ECU.

Also, any of the OS's that have FPCM set as NO, don't have valid data in the IFR table. They are not flat lined, but the left halve is a constant value and the right have is a higher value. Any of the OS's that have FPCM set to YES, have what looks like valid data in the IFR table. Fuel Pressure isnt required assuming everything is working properly on a constant rate/pressure pump, and GM was likely too cheap to add it before the PWM pumps came along which are controlled by the FPCM, and since it needs to know Fuel Pressure to control PWM, it sends the data to the ECU and they use it for IFR since pressure can vary with the PWM setup.

But yea if you don't care about tank pressure emissions test.. use that input for Fuel Pressure logging only, should be fine!
    ZL1 Wheels/Tires

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by 10_SS View Post
    I don't think it works this way. Fuel Tank Pressure is required for all cars for Emissions requirements, it cannot be ignored for some cars. Without a FPCM, Tank Pressure must be used on that input so the emissions test will run. With the FPCM, they also don't use that pin for Fuel Pressure since the FPCM measures Fuel Pressure to control PWM, they could use the FPCM for Tank Pressure also, save some wire, but they don't. It's more work than it's worth since it already has a dedicated input to ECU.

Also, any of the OS's that have FPCM set as NO, don't have valid data in the IFR table. They are not flat lined, but the left halve is a constant value and the right have is a higher value. Any of the OS's that have FPCM set to YES, have what looks like valid data in the IFR table. Fuel Pressure isnt required assuming everything is working properly on a constant rate/pressure pump, and GM was likely too cheap to add it before the PWM pumps came along which are controlled by the FPCM, and since it needs to know Fuel Pressure to control PWM, it sends the data to the ECU and they use it for IFR since pressure can vary with the PWM setup.

But yea if you don't care about tank pressure emissions test.. use that input for Fuel Pressure logging only, should be fine!

Truck is a 1st gen lightning , 5.3L 6L90E, procharger D1 15PSI, ECM AND TCM has zl1 base calibration.
    Its my project truck, i can easily add the FPCM, as im running boost id like to know the actual fuel pressure and want the pcm to know it too, im currently runing return style with vacuum/boost signal, is it possible to remove the vacuum/boost hose and up the Fuel pressure regulator to 80-85 psi and let the fpcm to PWM the pump and control the fuel pressure?