Thread: Torque Management, Torque Request

Tuner in Training

Torque Management, Torque Request

Quick question;
    High Range, High Speed
    High Range, Low Speed
    Low Range
    Reverse
    Are these limitations for the amount of torque that can obtained based on engine speed and throttle position? Or is it the actual torque that will be requested based on the criteria. I hope my wording makes sense. Ba

Tuner in Training
    Is this the same as throttle base injection quantity? i feel like i am overthinking this one.

I'm probably not qualified to answer but I interpret it as the amount of torque requested based on how much pedal you give it.

Quote Originally Posted by gilgamesh View Post
    I'm probably not qualified to answer but I interpret it as the amount of torque requested based on how much pedal you give it.
    Good answer. be extremely careful with how much torque you add to the lower values, can cause trans to shift violently/throw codes or go into limp mode.

Tuner in Training
    Thanks you guys, makes sense now. It would be cool to have throttle base injection quantity to make some high idle tunes...

Quote Originally Posted by ancientcitycustoms View Post
    Thanks you guys, makes sense now. It would be cool to have throttle base injection quantity to make some high idle tunes...
    What does the truck do if you actually put in a small amount of torque requested for 0% pedal value? Does it increase the idle?

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by gilgamesh View Post
    What does the truck do if you actually put in a small amount of torque requested for 0% pedal value? Does it increase the idle?
    I did not see an increase in idle. However, when put in gear, I had 25 toque requested at 0% pedal, the truck did seem to accelerate faster when i would let my foot off the brake. The truck also would "lunge" forward when put into park. I didn't mind the fast acceleration but the "lunge" effect when put into park did not seem right.

Quote Originally Posted by ancientcitycustoms View Post
    I did not see an increase in idle. However, when put in gear, I had 25 toque requested at 0% pedal, the truck did seem to accelerate faster when i would let my foot off the brake. The truck also would "lunge" forward when put into park. I didn't mind the fast acceleration but the "lunge" effect when put into park did not seem right.
    interesting, I wonder what other way's you might accomplish the high idle you're looking for.. small amounts of fuel in the torque to fuel table for 0 torque requested?