Thread: MPVI Pro Bricked

Tuner in Training

MPVI Pro Bricked

Wrote a support ticket, but am curious to get feedback here also. I installed new software, hooked up to a vehicle, selected read, and was told some features may not be available without an update. Witnessed 3 retries on what I believe was a table 32 erase, which ended in failed status. The MPVI showed busy for nearly 5 min, then displayed a red err light on the unit. What are my options at this point? I have need for this device for the weekend. Any suggestions? What is the wait time for customer service to respond? Should I return the unit as a failed device to supplier? What is the proper course of action?

Thanks,
    Chuck

Not sure if you saw this thread or not. Looks like it took about a week for this guy to get his resolved. https://www.hptuners.com/forum/showt...455-MPVI-Issue

Tuner in Training
    Thanks Gilgamesh. I saw similar, but did not see this one. Will say that I am glad they will take care of it, but am a little down on the timeline, and the fact that this seems to be a repeatable issue. I own a side business, and had been using my friends HP tuners for a while now. Doing enough of these now that I got tired of throwing credits onto his account in case we ever went separate ways, and I needed to have a customer's car done this weekend. Not happy at the thought of needing to buy more credits on his account to get this car done. I hope to hear back from customer support soon, and maybe we can work out a pay upfront/ refund on return for an exchange overnighted.