Thread: Hard Limits on Table Values

Hard Limits on Table Values

I keep running up against what seem to be hard limits when attempting to set or copy values in certain tables primarily torque request and boost pressure. When copying values there's no message indicating the copy didn't take place as expected it just sets the value at the highest allowed setting. When typing in values the software tells you that the value is above min/max limits and then asks if you'd like to set it anyway. After saying yes I'd like to set this value outside the limits the software then sets it at the highest value it thinks the value should be rather than the value I typed in.

Is there a way to work around this issue outside of changing the value on the PCM via other means? The fact that the software is setting values while copying that aren't actually the same as the file they came from is troublesome. Also, the software does this with no indication to the end user that it didn't perform the copy as you would expect it to.

Advanced Tuner
    I'm not sure, but you may be seeing the effect of the binary<>decimal representation that gets used.

It means that in many tables, if you type one number, it gets 'shifted' to a slightly different value. Thats because of the way the ECU handles numbers, its unavoidable. Depending on how the table view is set up, sometimes you don't even notice this.
    99 TA, Texas Speed LS376, PRC heads, 233/239 cam, Fast 92mm, 95mm TB, card style MAF, Tick TR6060, Strange 4.11 12 bolt axle & clutchpack diff, Strano springs/dampers, Vette 18" wheels, Vette disks, CTS-V calipers, 16lb flywheel, long tube headers, no cats.

Tuning Addict
    Well, it did set it to where you had it to begin with - I too still wish it was like this... They've changed the editor to where it more or less won't allow it anymore? Don't see the point in asking if it's just going to put in "it's" max value anyway... Other editors and even the OE will sometimes have higher values in the cells than the newer HP editor will allow - hopefully they'll put this back to like it was when they first introduced this...

Then just to keep things fair - the ecm is only going to use the max limits of it's allowed programming no matter what you put in...
    2010 Vette Stock Bottom LS3 - LS2 APS Twin Turbo Kit, Trick Flow Heads and Custom Cam - 12psi - 714rwhp and 820rwtq / 100hp Nitrous Shot starting at 3000 rpms - 948rwhp and 1044rwtq still on 93
    2011 Vette Cam Only Internal Mod in stock LS3 -- YSI @ 18psi - 811rwhp on 93 / 926rwhp on E60 & 1008rwhp with a 50 shot of nitrous all through a 6L80

~Greg Huggins~
    Remote Tuning Available at gh[email protected]
    Mobile Tuning Available for North Georgia and WNC