Thread: 10r80 firm shifts on up shift help

Tuner in Training

10r80 firm shifts on up shift help

Hello could anyone please help me out on how to firm up the shifts in 10r80 f150 ?
    i already modified tq management on all shifts but im trying to find how to add some pressure on up shift to get (jumpy) shifts
    here is my tune the 6r80 had some tables under general up shift 1-2 2-3 and so on but the 10r80 doesn't
    Attached Files Attached Files

Give this trans tune a try.

Russ Kemp

Thanks for sharing Russ. May I ask why you turned off abuse mode, and also why you matched the slip and lock tables for the tcc? I never messed with the lock table before so I'm curious as to what it'll do. Just trying to learn more, thanks again.

I always turn off abuse mode, as it can reduce power when the pcm thinks you're abusing the trans (like rocking the vehicle when stuck or power braking). As for enabling the TCC lock tables, that's to eliminate TCC slip/shutter.

Russ Kemp

Tuner in Training
    Its nice but it only jumps 3-4 a little bit not firm and the others gears she doesn?t even jumps especially 2-3 she only shifts without the jump and I didn?t like the torque converter tune it make the transmission to shift firmly in part throttle could you make it more firm at wot and jumpy ?

Just take a look at what Russ did. If you don't like the TCC settings, then set it back to how it was before he modified it. Also look at how he added pressure and make adjustments from there. Russ was kind enough to give you a tune that tells you what to modify.

Quote Originally Posted by Russ K View Post
    I always turn off abuse mode, as it can reduce power when the pcm thinks you're abusing the trans (like rocking the vehicle when stuck or power braking). As for enabling the TCC lock tables, that's to eliminate TCC slip/shutter.

Russ Kemp
    Gotcha, will give it a try. Thanks for the info!

Tuner in Training
    Yup that?s right i did it already but for the jumpy shifts should i keep adding pressure on the up shift table ?

Tuner in Training
    Anyone please ?

Try this one.

Russ Kemp

Advanced Tuner
    I have a good tune for 250

Tuner in Training
    It was perfect Russ!
    So the jumpy shifts comes from the torque converter tune ?
    I added more pressure on the up shifts

Tuner in Training
    I would pay Russ cuz He showed me how to do what i want lol

Yeah, gotta give it to Russ. Almost no one shares information nowadays let alone adjusts tunes for you for free. Glad you got it to how you want it. The jumpy shifts comes from the stroke pressure adder.

Tuner in Training
    I?m reach about 100 psi on the up shift is that normal or okay ?

Potential Tuner
    Im having the same issues with 2019 Raptor. will Russ's tune take care of the harsh shifting on gears 1-3? Is there another tune available?

Quote Originally Posted by Grillmaster View Post
    Im having the same issues with 2019 Raptor. will Russ's tune take care of the harsh shifting on gears 1-3? Is there another tune available?
    Harsh shifting on a stock tune or a modified tune?