Thread: 4L60E to 4L80E Swap

Tuner

4L60E to 4L80E Swap

I am in need of a tcm tune file to use for a segment swap...I think..unless I am making this more difficult than it needs to be. I have the 2007 gen iv E38 ecm and T42 tcm. Attached screenshot of OS versions. I've read tons of posts and forums etc on here as well as LS1Tech site and am getting conflicting and or outdated information. I don't know what my options are to get the 4l80e setup and working correctly........

I think the segment swap itself only works on the P01 and P59 computers.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Advanced Tuner
    T42 segment swap functionality is available in the latest beta, request access to it from support. You will need to find a T42 OS that matches your stock one that is running an 80E.
    ~Erik~
    2013 Sonic RS - manual, CGM, 6M, sunroof, mods in process
    2008 TrailBlazer 3SS AWD LS2, loaded, dropped, modded, SE22 Performance tuned. And then some...
    2002 TrailBlazer LT 4WD 4.2L I6, lifted, tires, exhaust, SE22 Performance tuned

Tuner
    HP Tuners support informed me that the segment swap is for GEN III pcm's NOT for the newer E38/T42 controllers. Their fix/recommendation is to get a TCM that is from a 4l80e equipped vehicle....bummer. I suppose I will give this a shot and spend the $100 to license the tune file etc: https://sites.google.com/site/sloppy...-nnbs-t42-swap

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by 1972C10_LS View Post
    HP Tuners support informed me that the segment swap is for GEN III pcm's NOT for the newer E38/T42 controllers. Their fix/recommendation is to get a TCM that is from a 4l80e equipped vehicle....bummer. I suppose I will give this a shot and spend the $100 to license the tune file etc: https://sites.google.com/site/sloppy...-nnbs-t42-swap
    You need to email support AT hptuners.com to get the 3.5 beta, have you done that and tried? It has the functionality. I have 3.5 up on my laptop right now and have my stock 70E TCM with a matching 80E OS ready to segment swap.
    ~Erik~
    2013 Sonic RS - manual, CGM, 6M, sunroof, mods in process
    2008 TrailBlazer 3SS AWD LS2, loaded, dropped, modded, SE22 Performance tuned. And then some...
    2002 TrailBlazer LT 4WD 4.2L I6, lifted, tires, exhaust, SE22 Performance tuned

Tuner
    Support must have forgotten to mention or offer that there was a feature available in the 3.5 beta that would help me so I didnt think I needed to ask. But anyway I ended up using the TCM portion of a previously licensed e38/T42 4l80e tune I had done for a friend so I just opened up the donor tune, plugged into my truck and selected Do Not Write on the engine portion and selected write entire to the TCM Re-read entire and voila, my engine tune now with a 4l80e segment/calibration. TCM OS ID's did not match but still worked flawlessly.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by 1972C10_LS View Post
    Support must have forgotten to mention or offer that there was a feature available in the 3.5 beta that would help me so I didnt think I needed to ask. But anyway I ended up using the TCM portion of a previously licensed e38/T42 4l80e tune I had done for a friend so I just opened up the donor tune, plugged into my truck and selected Do Not Write on the engine portion and selected write entire to the TCM Re-read entire and voila, my engine tune now with a 4l80e segment/calibration. TCM OS ID's did not match but still worked flawlessly.
    Sorry to bring this up from the dead.
    Did you repin anything for the TCM or just the harness to the trans?