Thread: Dashboard Setup

Tuner

Dashboard Setup

Is there some information to explain the setup of the dashboard Display? It must be too new to be in the user guide.

I selected the Accel X channel, and some RPM settings appeared! Maybe the label was just wrong and I should change it to "ACCEL X: "?

The range for Accel X is 0 - 8000.0 (obviously, RPM range values)

Please explain the first line of options; Hidden, Basic, and +Predict. Also, for the RPM, it has Before and after toggles.

As discussed in the Brake gauge topic, maybe a bargraph option would be nice?

The documentation hadn't been updated, so I have added some info on this topic: http://RaceRender.com/TrackAddict/docs/MoreOptions.html

The Dashboard Display options configure certain things that can be shown in the Record screen during your session. These options were added due to a need for some people to turn off the lap timer display (per sanctioning body rules at some events), and there has also been a desire to display more data on the screen. Most everyone has a different idea about what they want to see, so this was made user configurable... Some people want RPM as sort of a shift light feature, others want to monitor things like temperatures, etc. The default ranges you'll see were setup for RPM (Data A) and Coolant Temperature in Fahrenheit (Data B), but you can easily change those to fit your selected data.

Timer Display:

Hidden: Hide the lap timer display entirely (May be useful for events that prohibit live lap timers in cars)

Basic: Display the lap timer, but do not include predictive lap times

+ Predict: Display the lap timer, and predictive lap time information

Data Displays:

Yon can choose up to two data channels to display as a horizontal bar graph.

Use the Data A/B button to choose a data channel to display.
    Tip: If you wish to select OBD data channels, ensure that you have an active OBD data connection (ie green "OBD" icon) before entering this screen.

The Range setting will set the minimum and maximum data values to display.

Label is simply the text to display on the bar graph, and you can set it to be Before or After the number display.

The Warning option will cause the display to change color and flash whenever it detects that the data reading is Below or Above the specified number.

Tuner
    A bar graph feature would be useful for things like RPM, temperature, and acceleration.

Tuner
    I tried setting up both channels to see how it looks, and with both channels on, the boxes with the data were thin, or had a very small font size. If there was only the one channel, the font is bigger, and would be easier to read if you were driving.

Screenshot_20170402-185132.png