Thread: Another look at my tune thread... Turbo 5.3

Tuner in Training

Another look at my tune thread... Turbo 5.3

Thanks for the help in advance. I have attached my latest log and my current tune for reference. The truck is a gen1 s10 with a JY 5.3 and a disposable 700r4 trans. The cam is a TSP 220/220 114. The injectors are decapped stockers so roughly 80 lb per hour. The turbo is the infamous On3 76mm. I have had hptuners on the truck for about a year before going to boost. I also tuned the truck to run good with the larger injectors before the turbo so under vacuum the truck does great. I have the wastegate set to open at roughly 2-4 lbs of boost at the moment. The problem I am having is that I am getting kr when under boost. I have my timing dialed way back. The other problem I am having is the scanner will only read up to 105 kpa. I have a 2 bar map installed but when I change the linear and offset to 200 and 10.33 the truck wont run its so rich. I change it the 94 linear and the truck idles and runs great however under boost I am skeptical its working correctly. I suspected the 2 bar map from china is not really a 2 bar map so I ordered another one from summit. Part number. 12615136

Am I on the right track with a real 2 bar map or is there something I should be changing along with the map values?

I do have a wideband its just not logging. Don't worry about letting me know how to log with the wideband I can figure that one out.

I also don't have immediate access to a dyno but if I can get this thing working correctly I will be scheduling a trip.

Thanks again for my rant.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Tuner in Training
    Sounds like the MAP sensor. Easy way to check is to back probe the sensor with a fluke with key on engine off. If its a true 2 bar MAP, you should be right around 2.5v at barometric pressure (~100 KPA). The sensor is a 0-5v.

Tuner in Training
    Thanks. That worked. I tried it with that sensor and my new one. The one from summit worked great.

If anyone is wondering

DONT BUY THIS MAP SENSOR Ebay Item number 281938112966 its a 1 bar labeled as a 2 bar and it will drive you mad.

Just to let to know aswell, your file is tuner locked.

May want to change that if you want us to view your files.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuner in Training
    I didnt notice that. Here is the unlocked one with my layout and recent log.

s10 turbo mod tune2.hptturbo layout 2.Layout.xmls10 log file 3 29 2017.hpl

Couple things I saw that should be changed. Cylinder volume doesn't match your engine size, the computer uses that in calculations so it should be corrected. All 3 MAF dtc's need to be set to fail on first error and not left on 2nd error.

I would return the linear and offset settings back to what they should be for the 2 bar map now that you have the correct one and start re-tuning from there. If it's rich at first, just pull fuel out of it and start tuning.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuner in Training
    Thanks. I will go through it and post a followup.

Tuner in Training
    I change the settings you suggested. So far its running great. A little too rich under boost but nothing to worry about yet. Thanks