Thread: 2017 6.2L Sierra 8 speed

Tuner in Training

2017 6.2L Sierra 8 speed

I apologize in advance if I am beating a dead horse but I read through the sticky and I am still confused a bit. My friend has a 2017 6.2L Sierra 8 speed we paid the 4 credits and unlocked his ECM then we figured out about the TCM issue. We sent off the TCM and HPtuners unlocked it and sent it back. We put it in and downloaded the truck again and now have transmission options to change in the tune. Do we need 4 more credits to unlock the transmission to tune it? It seems like all the options are there but I haven't tried to change anything yet.

Quote Originally Posted by jasycz28 View Post
    I apologize in advance if I am beating a dead horse but I read through the sticky and I am still confused a bit. My friend has a 2017 6.2L Sierra 8 speed we paid the 4 credits and unlocked his ECM then we figured out about the TCM issue. We sent off the TCM and HPtuners unlocked it and sent it back. We put it in and downloaded the truck again and now have transmission options to change in the tune. Do we need 4 more credits to unlock the transmission to tune it? It seems like all the options are there but I haven't tried to change anything yet.
    Yes, the TCM is licensed with another 4 credits.