Thread: 4L60e setup help

4L60e setup help

Here is my setup I have a swaped 5.3L into a 1997 S10 w/stock 4L60e , 3.42 gear and 235-60-15 tire. the ecm is a 411 out of a 2002 suburban.

The issue I am having is I am not very familiar with the trans setup portion of the hp program. So what is happening is if shift from park to D the trans starts in first gear but once i come to a stop it doesnt down shift, unless i manually shift down and even then it only goes down to 2nd gear even in the first gear possition. everything else works great. any help would be great. my file is attached
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Spoolnsquirrels; 03-21-2017 at 12:45 PM.

update : I took the truck for a hwy drive this morning and somthing else i noticed was i get no kick down when i step on the pedal. this is getting frustrating cause i am not quite getting the trans portion of the software

well after spending 2 weeks looking over different tunes I have come to the conclusion that nobody can see an issue with my trans tune, so I am going to assume that my PCM is a boat anchor!!!! cause its not sending commands to the trans.
    Last edited by Spoolnsquirrels; 04-02-2017 at 04:33 PM.

Tuner in Training
    i've had a problem similar to this in the past on a camaro, and it wound up being TPS related.

We thought we had a dead (worn spot) on the carbon traces so we swapped the TPS sensor and the issue persisted (no kickdown and upshifting at fairly low mph). what fixed it was clocking the tps so that the 0% voltage fell within the range that is listed in the FSM somewhere (Sorry I dont have that info on me.)

Take a look at your actual TPS voltage, iirc the ecm wanted it around or less than .6v for 0% and any more would do weird stuff with the trans, EVEN THOUGH when you do the factory calibration routine it would show 0% on the scanner and with a tech2.