Thread: GoPro Hero 5?

Potential Tuner

GoPro Hero 5?

My Hero 3 has stopped working, time to replace. Does the Hero 5 work and the list just hasn't been updated in a while, or is there problems? I know I can start the video manually, just easier to sync in Race Render if TrackAddict starts it.

Tuner in Training
    My hero5 works

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by rhyary View Post
    My hero5 works
    Yeah, I needed to get one for three track days this weekend, so I gave it a shot. It works for me too. A bit flaky, but that is my phone, it hates there is no Internet and won't stay connected to the gopro, wants my home WiFi. Had the same issue with my gopro 3. It will be fine at the track.

If you're using Android, then our latest version of TrackAddict will periodically attempt to reconnect the WiFi when you have selected to use a WiFi-based device, like a GoPro, so that could be of some help here. Sometimes the phone or OS still has other ideas, but it seems to work well on most devices I've tested it on. Unfortunately, apps aren't allowed to do this on iOS, so that side of things is a more manual process to ensure that the WiFi is connect.

For most GoPro models now, you'll need to have the camera powered on in order for our WiFi control to work, as we can't automatically power them on/off like we could with the GoPro HERO 3.

Be sure to keep an eye on your battery level, because enabling WiFi does tend to run it down faster, and on some of these camera models don't see the battery level in the app. To maximize battery life, I try to remember to turn both the camera and it's WiFi option off right after I get out of the car at the end of each run or session, and then wait to turn them back on until a minute or two before I need to buckle in for my next session. Also, recording at 1080p30 usually seems to last longer on a battery charge than other settings.

Potential Tuner
    I have a 5 port USB cigarette adapter that I use to keep my phone and GPS charging, I did have a long cable for the hero 3, but of course the hero 5 uses yet another new cable. I didn't have one for last weekend, but do now. If you can tolerate cables everywhere it works well to not need to worry about it on a long day.

Everything worked well though, just waiting to see if my race render key can be recovered, my computer crash lost it.

Potential Tuner
    I have a Hero5 Session that I have never been able to connect to TrackAddict Pro. I'm using an iPhone 6 w/iOS 10.3.

I can get on the camera's WIFI ok, and can control it fine via the GoPro app. However from TrackAddict, I get a flashing yellow "ExtCam" icon, and when I click on that I get a message that says "External Camera: Link Lost, Space: 8h12m".

Any ideas? Not sure what else to try.