Thread: 4l80 not shifting at commanded rpm

Tuner in Training

4l80 not shifting at commanded rpm

Ive had my 80 for about to years now and on 2 setups now but experienced something new last night.

My 80 would not shift at my new commanded rpm at wot when I lowered it last night. I have had it set for 7k shift point and the 1/2 would happen at 6800-6850 and the 2/3 would always happen between 7100-7200. I lowered the wot rpm to 6500 and made 2 more passes after I reflashed the pcm and it still shifted at 6800 on 1/2 and 7100 on the 2/3.

Now I know it has to meet the speed and rpm before the shift can occur and the speed was being met so it only should have been waiting on the rpm. What would cause this not to shift at my new commander rpm. I matched the normal and performance tables but made no difference.

Tuner in Training
    does anyone have any input on what might be causing this? here is my current tune that the only thing i changed was from 7k shift points down to 6500.

darth help 13.hpt

Quote Originally Posted by Firebirdmuscle View Post
    does anyone have any input on what might be causing this? here is my current tune that the only thing i changed was from 7k shift points down to 6500.

darth help 13.hpt
    Try setting the shift rpm low like 3000 rpm and just relying on the speed threshold.

Tuner in Training
    I'd really like to not go off speed. I'd rather stay with rpm if at all possible.