Thread: Carista obd ii for IOS not connecting to Track Addict

Potential Tuner

Carista obd ii for IOS not connecting to Track Addict

Hi, new guy here & I could not find any info on Carista issues on the forum.

Just purchased Carista OBD II bluetooth for Iphone device. Installed in the car & it connected to my iPhone 5s. Then when I start up Track Addict, it cannot connect to the Carista OBD II device. I am trying to connect via the BLE connection specifically for Carista.
    I have rebooted the phone & still no change.
    Anything else I can try?

PS I have used track addict for the past ~3 years on my android device with both high speed gps & bluetooth obd ii. Never had any problems connecting. This is my first time using the iphone.

There are a few things to check for this...

1) Make sure that the following is true:
    . a) The phone's Bluetooth is turned on
    . b) TrackAddict's OBD setting is set to "BLE"
    . c) The vehicle's ignition is fully turned on (ideally, have the engine running)
    . d) No other apps or devices are using the Bluetooth device (more of an Android point; this isn't a common issue on iOS)

2) Obtain diagnostic / status info to see where it's failing, and post screen shots here
    . a) Tap on the "OBD" icon on the main Setup screen to see the instant status
    . b) After it fails to connect, go into the "More Options" screen and tap on the Info button under the OBD section, then select "Show Connection Info", and 1 or 2 message boxes should appear

3) Try going to "More Options", tapping on the Info button under the OBD section, and selecting "Disable Auto Protocol" and/or "Disable Advanced Features". You might want to try one at a time, and then both together. Let it cycle through a connection attempt or two before trying a change.

Potential Tuner
    Thanks for looking into this....I'll check into this Thursday or Friday & reply back.
    I went thru your steps but didn't get the diagnostic / status info. Will try again.

Potential Tuner
    I finally got a chance to play with the OBD & Track Addict. Thanks Weston for your tips....changing the Auto protocol & Advanced Features got me connected.
    Thanks again...all is good.

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Weston@HPTuners View Post
    There are a few things to check for this...

1) Make sure that the following is true:
    . a) The phone's Bluetooth is turned on
    . b) TrackAddict's OBD setting is set to "BLE"
    . c) The vehicle's ignition is fully turned on (ideally, have the engine running)
    . d) No other apps or devices are using the Bluetooth device (more of an Android point; this isn't a common issue on iOS)

2) Obtain diagnostic / status info to see where it's failing, and post screen shots here
    . a) Tap on the "OBD" icon on the main Setup screen to see the instant status
    . b) After it fails to connect, go into the "More Options" screen and tap on the Info button under the OBD section, then select "Show Connection Info", and 1 or 2 message boxes should appear

3) Try going to "More Options", tapping on the Info button under the OBD section, and selecting "Disable Auto Protocol" and/or "Disable Advanced Features". You might want to try one at a time, and then both together. Let it cycle through a connection attempt or two before trying a change.
    I tried all of these suggestions and still am unable to get Track Addict Pro to read my Carista device.

What next....by the way I am using IPhone 12 pro max
    John
    2016 Audi TTS

Potential Tuner
    never mind.....I rebooted phone and tried again and now it works!!
    John
    2016 Audi TTS