Thread: Crank re-learn

Crank re-learn

Is the crank relearn supported anymore?? I am trying to do this on my 04 Grand Prix. I push the crank relearn button in the scanner and all it does is turn green. Am I missing something?
    2017 Buick Regal Sport Touring 2.0t

Seriously! Can anyone from HPT answer this

Although I don't have an 04 Grand Prix (I have a 96 GMC K1500 with the 0411 upgrade),....I did the 0411 PCM upgrade and swapped motors to the GMPP HT383e at the same time,....either one of these would have required me to perform a case relearn.
    I just did this a few weeks ago,....at first, it gave me problems, but, after some help from members on here, it worked the second time. Do a search for "Hutchinson case" and see what they told me to do,...it worked.
    When you find my post, you'll see mine would only do the case relearn if I connected the VCM at a certain stage (which isn't in the "steps to do" list). Admittedly, I don't know for certain if my "connecting at a certain step" was an issue,....I just know it worked for me. Let me know if you can't find my post,...

Apologies man, do a search for "case relearn" and you'll find my post "0411 swap HPT case relearn not working" (or something like that),...

Thanks, where by chance did you find the steps? I found your post and will try to follow it precisely. Did it give you any confirmation that it was completed successfully?

Steps are found on the main HPT site/page - Help tab> Working with VCM scanner> Displays> VCM Controls - on the bottom of that page you'll see "special VCM controls",.... it lists the steps for CASE Learn. (>=click on)

No sir, it won't tell you that it completed successfully or not,....you either see your MIL light go off (and stay off) or, you can go into your DTC list and see if your code went away.
    When I first did mine (and failed), my MIL light stayed on,....the second time I did it (with forum people's help) my MIL light turned off immediately,....I then went for a drive, and it stayed off and code has never came back.
    You'd figure something would pop up saying "case relearn successfull" or something like that,...but it don't/nothing tells you it passed, except the code goes away and MIL light turns off,.....which is good enough I guess.

Ok thanks for the help. I really wish they would work in some kind of confirmation. I don't have an active code.

We need to improve the process in a future release.
    We got this guy Not Sure, ...

Thanks for taking notice Keith

Hutchinson, Keith,

I know this is reviving a thread from the dead, but I find this applicable in context and may help others.

Hutchinson, in the thread you referenced where you figured out the case relearn you said you depressed the brake, then connected the cable to the OBD port, then started the engine. Did you also have the MPVI connected inline or where you connected without it? When you depressed the brake pedal, was the key in the "ON" position or "Off" position?

Keith, have there been any process improvements on the software side for this since the suite update to 4.0 and up?
    1997 Chevrolet K2500 ECSB, 0411, 454, headers w/ Exhaust, MSD, 28lb injectors "Biggin"