Thread: Desired Boost / Boost Control Camaro 2.0T E80 PCM

Potential Tuner

Desired Boost / Boost Control Camaro 2.0T E80 PCM

Hello everyone,

I have been playing around with a 2016 Camaro 2.0T (LTG) with the E80 PCM. I have a good amount of things figured out as far as driver demand and other TQ tables but I am having a problem increasing the desired boost. From searching google and this forum people are increasing Base WGDC but all that did for me was over-shoot the desired boost by 4-6psi and causing the throttle blade to close.

Attached are my last tune and log files. This car is on an E50 mix and timing is pretty conservative to reduce risk of KR just in case boost spikes during a pull as this has all been trial and error. Any and all help is greatly appreciated!
    Attached Files Attached Files

your knock airmass table is too low, it limits APC

Advanced Tuner
    Myself personally I like to hit a target of around 24 psi peak. Not much reason to go beyond that much pressure on this engine in my opinion.

It looks like you are manually tuning it for the ethanol blend, even though you have the sensors turned on in the tune. Do you have the sensor plugged into the proper ECU pin?

Work with your Driver Demand and the Base WGDC to bring pressure up. WGDC is about the only thing you have that allows you to control the boost by RPM, as the Driver Demand is vehicle speed based :-(

For WGDC you will want to calculate your Desired Pressure Ratio to help you figure out which rows to be working in. (Desired Boost / Barometric Pressure) Looks like right now you are in the 2.0 to 2.25 range under WOT. You can also adjust the lower PR settings too if you wish.

Also on your Knock Airmass, I wouldn't set it so high across the whole board. You will probably want to have boost intervention in the case of knock exceeding -2*
    Last edited by PSYKOSTEVO; 04-12-2017 at 12:37 PM.

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by PSYKOSTEVO View Post
    Myself personally I like to hit a target of around 24 psi peak. Not much reason to go beyond that much pressure on this engine in my opinion.

It looks like you are manually tuning it for the ethanol blend, even though you have the sensors turned on in the tune. Do you have the sensor plugged into the proper ECU pin?

Work with your Driver Demand and the Base WGDC to bring pressure up. WGDC is about the only thing you have that allows you to control the boost by RPM, as the Driver Demand is vehicle speed based :-(

For WGDC you will want to calculate your Desired Pressure Ratio to help you figure out which rows to be working in. (Desired Boost - Barometric Pressure) Looks like right now you are in the 2.0 to 2.25 range under WOT. You can also adjust the lower PR settings too if you wish.

Also on your Knock Airmass, I wouldn't set it so high across the whole board. You will probably want to have boost intervention in the case of knock exceeding -2*
    Thank you for the response PSYKOSTEVO!

This is extremely helpful and I appreciate the insight! I will adjust these tables and post the results once I'm able to work on the car again.

As for the Flex-Fuel sensor, I will have to check with the owner of the car but I believe it is in pin 29 (can't remember which connector). I know he wants to get that working so he doesn't have to worry about filling up with the 100% exact mixture.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by dertobi View Post
    your knock airmass table is too low, it limits APC
    When you get to the 2017's they don't even have a knock airmass table in HPTuners.....

Tuner in Training
    Hey guys i see this is a old thread but im haveing issues im just trying to get my boost to hold a flater curve right now its dropping off to almost 12 psi nearing redline, and its driving me absolutley nuts i have tried literally everything. as soon as i start adjusting the wastegate dc it just starts closing throttle on me. The car is a 2017 camaro 6 speed car, it has a built motor, intake, all the exhaust is done, I just feel like there is so much more in the car if i could just get it to hold boost. attached is my tune file and a log file if anyone at all has any opinions or anything i could just try, I am Not looking for someone to tune it, just for information and how to go about this, I feel there is greatness in this platform and i want to go to a big turbo but not until i figure out how to control this thing hahahaTuned 94 octane.hptlog 3.hpl