Thread: Unlicensed vehicle

Unlicensed vehicle

Got a stock tune file from the bin repository and licensed it, problem is now I can't flash it to the vehicle it says Unlicensed vehicle.

Car is a 2004 Ford Tauras

What do I do now?

Tuner in Training
    you should not have liscensed the repository tune, you should have copy and pasted the differences to your vin file and liscensed that one
    ASE Advanced Level Master certified Tech with 20+ yrs

My issue is I cannot read the vin file for some reason and I read a thread on here that said to just download a stock file and flash that over instead

To license the vehicle, you must read the vehicle.
    We got this guy Not Sure, ...

It says Validate checksum failed, you will not be able to save or flash this file. How do I fix that?

Then it says definition file failed to load

Should pop up a message with instructions on how to fix.
    We got this guy Not Sure, ...

Tuner in Training
    I licensed a Holden manual file to write my g8 auto to a manual. I flashed the manual trans file and all is well. I swapped over engine, fuel, tables and tried to write calibration and tried write entire again. It says unlicensed vehicle. What is causing this and why if I paid to license my car and for the Holden file? I also understand that to change the vin it's going to cost 2 more credits, but can't I just upgrade to the year model since they are both 2008 GM basically the same vehicle? I don't want to waste two credits changing the vin because I'm not sure it will change anything as far as being told it's a unlicensed vehicle and not being able to access it to write changes.
    Last edited by ah555666; 06-19-2017 at 08:53 PM.

Tuner in Training
    Can someone please help me with this so I can get back to figuring out how to tune my car and turn off unnecessary warning lights like stability control. Did I mess something up, or do something in the wrong order? I have spent days looking for information on how to resolve roadblocks I've run into, but it seems like there isn't a lot of information regarding this swap and my car. Thanks for any info

Tuner in Training
    I'm having this issue. Can someone help me like ASAP. My ecu was bricked on HPT and I replaced the ecu and had it coded to the vehicle now I cant flash my tune on. I have licensed this vehicle already and I am not trying to pay again. Shouldn't the MPV be able to tell that the license is with this vehicle? This is absurd and support is closed now, I need to flash it to be able to run the car and I am about to leave on a trip. Did not expect to run into this issue
    Last edited by boostboy; 05-18-2023 at 10:02 PM.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Quote Originally Posted by boostboy View Post
    I'm having this issue. Can someone help me like ASAP. My ecu was bricked on HPT and I replaced the ecu and had it coded to the vehicle now I cant flash my tune on. I have licensed this vehicle already and I am not trying to pay again. Shouldn't the MPV be able to tell that the license is with this vehicle? This is absurd and support is closed now, I need to flash it to be able to run the car and I am about to leave on a trip. Did not expect to run into this issue
    This thread is from 2017. Have you already opened up a support ticket? If so, do you have your ticket number so that we can review the status? If not, please open a support ticket here: https://support.hptuners.com
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"