Thread: 8 Speed Torque management

8 Speed Torque management

Messing with shift points & torque management is sometimes coming in and closing the TB blade. It's obvious that I need to scale back the TM but what's safe? Is there any rule of thumb?
    99 T/A WS6, original LS1 turbo

Ok looks to be, Engine>Torque Management>General & switch "Use ECT A & B" to disable. Just wanted someone to confirm that's the correct fix & not destroy the transmission lol.

Tuner
    I'll be licensing mine soon to play around on my 2015 RAM. Right now I have all TM off on the engine side tables. It's been like this for almost 3 years now with lots of racing. I'm also curious how much is needed on the trans side. Baby steps I suppose...

Quote Originally Posted by Dusty05 View Post
    I'll be licensing mine soon to play around on my 2015 RAM. Right now I have all TM off on the engine side tables. It's been like this for almost 3 years now with lots of racing. I'm also curious how much is needed on the trans side. Baby steps I suppose...
    I'm not that brave lol, I've disabled the FSO & ETC torque management tables but left the spark in place, set trans friction torque to half of the max values & this seemed to make it shift like it should for about a day & then it decided to throw it into a trans limp mode on the shift. Restarted the car & all seemed good so its back to the drawing board I guess.