Thread: OS shows blank

Advanced Tuner

OS shows blank

Trying to help a buddy. He told me he was trying to change from a 2bar map to a 3bar map and chen he clicked on OS, everything was blank. He e-mailed me his tune and same issue on my laptop.

I opened my most recent tune just to verify, I have the same issue.

Any thoughts?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Advanced Tuner
    Hopefully someone else will confirm, but I think that once you modify the OS, that page is blank... mine is also (modified, & blank).
    99 TA, Texas Speed LS376, PRC heads, 233/239 cam, Fast 92mm, 95mm TB, card style MAF, Tick TR6060, Strange 4.11 12 bolt axle & clutchpack diff, Strano springs/dampers, Vette 18" wheels, Vette disks, CTS-V calipers, 16lb flywheel, long tube headers, no cats.

Quote Originally Posted by Super73 View Post
    Trying to help a buddy. He told me he was trying to change from a 2bar map to a 3bar map and chen he clicked on OS, everything was blank. He e-mailed me his tune and same issue on my laptop.

I opened my most recent tune just to verify, I have the same issue.

Any thoughts?
    Changing the MAP sensor and changing OS's is two totally different things.

You can run a 2 bar MAP in a 3 bar OS or a 3 bar MAP in a 2 bar OS, as long as the linear/offset values are in the range supported by that OS/ECM. Very common misunderstanding. One does not require the other to work, though obviously if you want to actually run 3 bars then you need a 3 bar MAP sensor and 3 bar OS.

First, make sure you're in advanced view. edit, view advanced.

Second, if you're just trying to install a new MAP sensor then just change the MAP linear/offset values. That's it.

Third, if you're already running one of HPT's 2 or 3 bar OS's then you can't change to another one with the current tune. You have to go back to the original OS then upgrade it to the 3 bar OS or whatever you need. You can't go directly from 2 bar OS to 3 bar OS

If you go under edit, calibration details, controllers tab, it should list in there if it's a 2 bar OS or whatever, so that will at least let you know what's in there now

If you want to post the tune I can check it out.
    Last edited by schpenxel; 04-12-2017 at 09:26 AM.