Thread: Flex Tune Help

Flex Tune Help

I recently changed to OS 12216125 to use its Flex Fuel capabilities. I also paid a reputable sponsor to install my FIC 143lb injector data and give me a base Flex timing table, then I transferred all my previous data from my original tune. Now I'm having BIG cold startup and lean issues. I can't get it to idle and it takes longer to crank before starting. The "sponsor" looked at it and added 25% fuel to help with the cold start because the logs show that its running extremely lean (18.5) after half-ass starting. That did not help and wouldn't start at all.

I took out what he added and fought with it to get a little heat in the motor and got it to run but it was running lean (18.5-6) in the idle area. So I added 20% to the VE table through 60 to 80kpa cells in the 800 column and interpolated that into the 1200 column. I then started the car back up and it still ran lean with no change at all in the idle area, needless to say I'm lost lol. Yesterday it idled around 14AFR but as soon as you give it a little throttle it wanted to bog out and go lean. I've included a few short logs of the lean condition with hopes that someone can help me out here.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by monte4ever; 04-14-2017 at 07:38 AM.

Tuner in Training
    Why don't you put the stock injectors back in with the correct data and see how it works then. At least you would know if its the injectors or data causing the problems or if its something with the new OS. Those are really big injectors I've had bad luck with FIC redrilled injectors down low did not work very well. Are you using a vac ref fuel pressure reg?

Tuner in Training
    I would check the fuel pressure with a gauge also to see what its doing