Thread: JAW sensor

Advanced Tuner

JAW sensor

If using HPT for the ESP enablers found in system are toggled to "disable", and the plug for the jaw sensor is physically unplugged, will the code still trip and-or will the dash light illuminate?
    Caliber SRT4

Advanced Tuner
    Mopar Dodge Caliber SRT4 2008 MT MS1 ESP sys 2 Flash File 040717.hpt

Here's how I disabled the ESP feature. Anyone know if that is what it is to disable the ESP function? If it is truly disabled now, does pressing the dash button act as a dummy light now, meaning it is rendered useless?

If any additional suggestions to improve other parameters are offered, I'm listening. Like to see at least 20-25 more horsepower if safely possible. Torque is fine, but it would likely be inherent to see that increase as well which ok. Running 92 unleaded, nothing less for octane.

This is a daily driver and has stage 1 currently.

Advanced Tuner
    Maybe I've missed something, but just the other day after posting the above I've actually had the ESP in the IP flash when getting aggressive in 1st gear.

This is annoying!

What exactly are you trying to accomplish? ESP is disabled if you have switched the master disable, but the light will still illuminate during an event when the PCM wants to use it but it shouldn't work. Yes, the button turning it on/off will do nothing if the master is off. Just like traction control, you can tune TC out so no matter what you do with the button or what the IP is saying, it won't work...but the light will still flash during wheel spin. As far as I know HPT can not shut the lights off if that is what is bothering you, short of finding that signal line that controls it to the IP and cutting, the lights are still going to work. To test if ESP is really disabled, go try and power slide that beast and see if it tries to stop spin or correct the car.

Advanced Tuner
    That is what I will have to try to make sure it can do, if I can find means to do so.