Thread: 4L60e normal, cruise, performance, hot,...tune modes

4L60e normal, cruise, performance, hot,...tune modes

New guy to tuning, but, learning very quickly (thanks to y'all),...Normal mode goes without saying, but,,..when is the performance, cruise and/or hot mode employed during actual operation of the 4L60e???,...maybe y'all experienced guys can help out us new guys and please explain these operating modes a bit,...and how they interact with our tuning adjustments.

Reason I ask, I'm trying to dial in my 4L60e tuning, but unsure how these three other modes play a part in changes I make/might need to make and or consider,...

If someone could do a small write-up, it would truly help new guys for years to come.

Thanks fellars,..

Performance is tow haul mode

Cool man. I'm assuming that if your vehicle doesn't come with the "momentary ground" type switch for tow/haul mode, then this table is never accessed/used during transmission operation?,.......thus doesn't need to be adjusted for correct tuning/4L60e operation?

Apologies, for the short/unexplained question I wrote above,....I was having a few drinks last night when I thought/wrote it,.... If you ain't tried that Jack Daniels Tennessee Honey yet,...you should,..man its gooooood,.. straight up on ice. Makes your tongue durn near slap your brains out,...

Basically, I'm asking;
    1. What are the 3 other tables (performance, cruise, and hot) used for during transmission operation?
    2. How are those 3 other tables linked to the "normal" table? If I change one table, does it affect the others, as far as, operation?
    3. Performance, cruise and hot tables are found in several areas of the transmission tune,...will the answers (from 1&2) apply equally to all the different areas of the tune?

I searched the forum pages for a couple hours but, couldn't find the answers anywhere,....thus, if someone could briefly explain this, it'll help people out for years to come.

If you dont have a towhaul since you probabaly did a swap you dont need to mess with performance just normal.

I believe Cruise table is used, when cruise control is engaged. Hot has to do when the transmission is has reached a high, predetermined temperature and basically locks out 4th WOT. Check out this thread:

https://www.hptuners.com/forum/showt...CC-TM-(w-Pics)

Another good thread:

http://www.camaroz28.com/forums/comp...torial-498673/
    Last edited by HartRod; 04-16-2017 at 09:02 AM.
    69 Suburban Bagged & Blown: http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=200387
    68 Farm Truck build thread-LS3/6L80/TVS1900: http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=358692

Thanks for the links/info HartRod, appreciate it man,...

In Summary,

1. "Performance" table - is only used "if" you have a tow/haul or performance shift switch in your vehicle. The 4L60e will never access this table during normal or WOT operation "unless/until you use the a momentary ground switch (tow/haul or performance shift switch)".

2. Cruise table - only used when you engage cruise control,....at no other time will the 4L60e access this table.

3. Hot table - used to protect the transmission,....would you guys think you'd want to lock the TCC (as feasable) to help reduce slip/transmission heat?

None of the 3 tables above are linked to the "normal" table,...they are all separate and used independently per transmission conditions/operating mode. And, they are not linked between the different areas of the 4L60e tune.

All the above correct?

Thanks for explaining guys,....

Can anyone confirm what I've written is correct? Just trying to help the next new guy with this question.

Can anyone confirm right or wrong,...for the next new guy with the same question?
    Totally restored - 1996 GMC K1500 ext cab, HT383e swap, MPFI spider, 0411 PCM swap, FLT Level 5 4L60e with Sonnax Smart Tech input housing, Tru-Cool 40k transmission cooler with -6AN lines, 1-5/8" Hedman Husler long tube race headers with 2-1/2"ss dual exhaust, rebuilt 3.73 rear axle with Yukon/Detroit Helical locker, 6" ProComp lift with steering stabilizer and rear traction bars, 35x12.50x15 BFG All Terrains, Perma-Cool e-fans, etc, etc, etc,..

Potential Tuner
    Would definitely appreciate a confirm on the three statements posted above