Thread: Incompatible PCM Software

Tuner in Training

Incompatible PCM Software

Has anyone received the message "Incompatible PCM Software" when trying to flash a pcm. The vehicle is a 2016 Challenger V6. i have been flashing it with CMR. Restored to stock, read the pcm, licensed the vehicle, made a change and now receive this error message when trying to flash the pcm. i emailed support but its Saturday and would like to tune this today. Just wondering if anyone had the answer rather than waiting until Monday. Thanks
    Last edited by boostlife; 04-15-2017 at 08:38 AM.

Advanced Tuner
    It's from the diablo pcm. I guess hpt finally decided to stop letting us use diablo's pcms. Or maybe something else changed. I had this happen as well on friday.

Tuner in Training
    thanks Curt for the Reply. We are currently using Diablo CMR for tuning. i have not heard that unlocking will tie you to a specific tuning platform. i have a few other vehicles i am working on as well in the same way. i really hope this is not the answer. Support has emailed me for more info. ill post the final answer when i get it working.

Advanced Tuner
    sounds good. I had this happen to me at the track friday so really didn't have the time or opportunity to troubleshoot further.

Tuner in Training
    so it looks like the final answer that the Diablo unlocked pcm will not work with HPT. You must use an HPT unlocked pcm when using HPT. Makes it tough and expensive to change tuning platforms. Time wasted and $$ gone. Is there any way that this issue can be added to the rest of the many Highlights/Disclaimers regarding unlocking pcms? This will save others lots of time and some $$. It took 5 days to come to this conclusion

Quote Originally Posted by boostlife View Post
    so it looks like the final answer that the Diablo unlocked pcm will not work with HPT. You must use an HPT unlocked pcm when using HPT. Makes it tough and expensive to change tuning platforms. Time wasted and $$ gone. Is there any way that this issue can be added to the rest of the many Highlights/Disclaimers regarding unlocking pcms? This will save others lots of time and some $$. It took 5 days to come to this conclusion
    I apologize for any frustrations. Unfortunately, we can only guarantee that PCMs unlocked by HPT will work with our software. This is mentioned in a few places around the forums.

With that being said, in the disclaimer that you must type "I Accept" for in VCM Editor, it does actually say: "...All 2015+ Chrysler vehicles must have their PCMs unlocked by HP Tuners, LLC before you can tune them..."
    Last edited by Mark@HPTuners; 04-19-2017 at 08:43 AM.

Tuner in Training
    ok got it, if you are currently using Diablo CMR and want to use HPT here are the steps

1. buy new ecm $580
    2. program ecm to vehicle
    3. purchase modification service through your profile $249
    4. take a read and email to support referencing your order number
    4. Ship to HPT
    5. Receive backand install
    6. license new ecm 2 credits $100

$930 if you can program the new ecm yourself and already have HPT

OR...

Just start with HPT for $249 bucks plus $100 license for ecm

Tuner in Training
    I'm having this same issue on a 2017 Challenger Scat Pack. I sent the ECU to HPT for the unlock and I still see this issue. Any suggestions?

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Quote Originally Posted by exileperformance View Post
    I'm having this same issue on a 2017 Challenger Scat Pack. I sent the ECU to HPT for the unlock and I still see this issue. Any suggestions?
    Since you had the ECU unlocked by us this is NOT the same issue. Please open a support ticket.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"