Thread: Running to ritch at idle

Tuner in Training

Running to ritch at idle

i am new to tuning and im tuning my coytoe swap mustang. the short term fuel trims are way off as soon as it starts to read goes rich as of .7 lamda readings and im not sure on how to go about fixing that could anyone help posing tune. i dialed in the maf great idling awesome and i had to switch torque limiters. also had to fix a regulator and now i cant get the trims close to where they are suppose to be its way to rich. any help would be appreciated.

Procharged p1sc coyote swap with id1000 injectors
    Last edited by Pats1979mustang; 04-16-2017 at 11:09 AM.

Advanced Tuner
    What intake do you have on that car? Looking at your MAF curve you are well over double the original values which means you scaled up a ton(2.8x multiplier from what I can tell). That much of a multiplier is over kill even for the PMAS which uses a 120mm housing(5").

You can correct the MAF curve using your fuel trims or you can post up what intake you have and I can try and get you a MAF curve you try as a base and make it easier to correct.
    Last edited by Jn2; 04-15-2017 at 03:18 PM.

Advanced Tuner

FPDM2-X01 Transfer Function

I attached the Base Transfer Frequency/ Period for FPDM2-X01 aka XFN2
    Attached Files Attached Files

Tuner in Training
    It's a completely stock intake had it perfect then sent the time out to get it base mapped came and it's it's all screwed up what would you need to help me ?

Tuner in Training
    Soon as I apply any gas to it completely way to lean also

Tuner in Training
    It's a swap car with a procharger kit an the maf is in the intercooler it self 5hought about relocation it to a straight section of pipe after the cooler

Tuner in Training
    I have a stock intake on the car put a procharger kit on it with the maf inside the intercooler. I had the fuel trims close at idle and was having other problems with the tune so I sent the tune to a tuner to get a base map tune and it came back all screwed I corrected it the first time with stfts to get it close then ltft but its so far off I am chasing my tail it seems. thought about relocating the maf sensor to a staigth section of pipe for easier reading and tuning.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Pats1979mustang View Post
    i am new to tuning and im tuning my coytoe swap mustang. the short term fuel trims are way off as soon as it starts to read goes rich as of .7 lamda readings and im not sure on how to go about fixing that could anyone help posing tune. i dialed in the maf great idling awesome and i had to switch torque limiters. also had to fix a regulator and now i cant get the trims close to where they are suppose to be its way to rich. any help would be appreciated.

Procharged p1sc coyote swap with id1000 injectors
    Can you give more info on switching torque limiters? Did you change the fuel regulator? If your fuel pressure is different, then your injector data must change with it.
    When I first started learning to tune, my fuel regulator was not consistent with fuel pressure and I was chasing my tail trying to dial in the MAF. Make sure your fuel pressure is consistent and your injector data matches the pressure you are running.
    Last edited by txcharlie; 04-18-2017 at 11:14 PM.

Tuner in Training
    Yeah all injector data is good with pressure and injector data go with it. It's just completely off after I sent it out for a base tune.

Can you post a log?
    2012 Mustang GT with S/C
    4Runner with S/C
    Turbo/NOS Hayabusa - 320RWHP

Tuner in Training
    Posted 3 logs using short term fuel trims. all way to lean now last one was loaded a bit in second gear but went way to lean way to quick with not even 20% throttle
    Attached Files Attached Files

Advanced Tuner
    Change throttle body min to 1.2