Thread: Bricked tcm? 09 srt8 challenger

Tuner in Training

Bricked tcm? 09 srt8 challenger

Looking to get some input from you guys on a problem I'm having with an 09 srt8 challenger.

Replaced the stock tcm with an mtcm, set the gear ratio with diablo (used prior to hpt trans support) and then did the learn procedure.

The car now shifts to 5th in about 50ft in drive and holds. The only way to go through the gears is in autostick mode.

From my searching on the net it seems like this is an indicator of a bricked tcm:

1) I hear of guys having the bricked tcm "fixed" by sending it to someone, are they just reflashing a cal on it?

2) Does anyone have a stock or mtcm cal they'd be willing to share for comparison?

3) Is the learn necessary to do if you flash a new cal to the trans computer with hp?

Done more gm stuff than Mopar so excuse my newbness . This car belongs to a friend that is about 1500mi away and I'm trying to help remotely.. I won't physically have the car until first week of May, so I'm trying to get my ducks in a row before the car gets here.

It sounds more like some math didn't add up during the gear ratio change. If you brick the controller or set a code that puts it in limp in the A580 defaults to 2nd gear only. Any codes? Have your buddy get the gear ratio reset with HPTuners and see if it helps.
    Level 3 Master Chrysler/Jeep/Dodge/Ram technician
    20 years experience

Tuner in Training
    I have bricked mine in the past. Tossed it aside and put another one in. Its true easy to brick if you don't
    load it up right way. There are a couple vendors who I hear can fix them.
    Flattop

Tuner in Training
    So I ended up swapping back in the stock TCM (Had an MTCM in it) and it now shifts correctly in D with the same settings that were on the MTCM.

A couple questions for you guys with more TCM knowledge:

Between shifts when monitoring Trans Current Gear I get an "Unknown: 02 8F etc etc" is this normal?

The car has a 3200 stall converter and it seems like the TCM settings have the converter locking super early. Do you guys normally adjust the apply rpm above what the flash stall rpm is? The car feels pretty lazy with the converter locked down low.

2009 Challenger SRT8
    274 Cam & Headers, 180 Tstat

Here's the HPT and HPL
    5-7-17 Tune modded Trans.hpt
    Drive to 49a.hpl

This car had a handheld on it, then was "tuned" at a shop with HPT, but still had problems stalling, KR basic driveablity. I've been trying to get the trans shifting in D sorted before I tackle everything else.