Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: New Ford Aftermarket Supercharged & Naturally Aspirated Calibration Support

New Ford Aftermarket Supercharged & Naturally Aspirated Calibration Support

HP Tuners are proud to announce support for new Ford aftermarket supercharged and naturally aspirated calibrations that were previously not able to be adjusted in the aftermarket.

All Ford vehicles with these calibrations will now be able to be read, edited, and files flashed just like any OEM calibration.

This release covers the following vehicles and platforms:
    • 2015-2017 Ford Mustang 5.0 & 5.2L
    • 2015-2017 Ford F-150 5.0L

Note - For version 3.5+ beta

Last edited by Andrew@HPTuners; 04-18-2017 at 09:06 AM.

Senior Tuner
    Excellent... Is this the OS the Ford Racing Whipple kits and Roush are using?

Quote Originally Posted by ridenrunwv View Post
    Excellent... Is this the OS the Ford Racing Whipple kits and Roush are using?
    :-)
    Eric Brooks
    HP Tuners, LLC

Very Nice

Tuning Addict
    So you don't need me to test them anymore Eric
    2010 Vette Stock Bottom LS3 - LS2 APS Twin Turbo Kit, Trick Flow Heads and Custom Cam - 12psi - 714rwhp and 820rwtq / 100hp Nitrous Shot starting at 3000 rpms - 948rwhp and 1044rwtq still on 93
    2011 Vette Cam Only Internal Mod in stock LS3 -- YSI @ 18psi - 811rwhp on 93 / 926rwhp on E60 & 1008rwhp with a 50 shot of nitrous all through a 6L80

~Greg Huggins~
    Remote Tuning Available at gh[email protected]
    Mobile Tuning Available for North Georgia and WNC

Tuning Addict
    Just confirmed this works, but I do have one question... On the Ford Racing calibrations you can program in gear ratio, spark limiters, power limiters via fuel, knock and so on - will this over ride what was already programmed in via write entire or do we still need access to this?
    2010 Vette Stock Bottom LS3 - LS2 APS Twin Turbo Kit, Trick Flow Heads and Custom Cam - 12psi - 714rwhp and 820rwtq / 100hp Nitrous Shot starting at 3000 rpms - 948rwhp and 1044rwtq still on 93
    2011 Vette Cam Only Internal Mod in stock LS3 -- YSI @ 18psi - 811rwhp on 93 / 926rwhp on E60 & 1008rwhp with a 50 shot of nitrous all through a 6L80

~Greg Huggins~

Tuning Addict
    This is what I'm referring to on the Ford Racing Cal side of things - just wanted to make sure a write or write entire will override this, because I know loading the cals straight from whipple or roush won't...
    Attached Images Attached Images

~Greg Huggins~

Quote Originally Posted by GHuggins View Post
    This is what I'm referring to on the Ford Racing Cal side of things - just wanted to make sure a write or write entire will override this, because I know loading the cals straight from whipple or roush won't...
    I would need to see how they are changing it. Do me a favor, take a read, then program with one of those switches changed, and take another read and send me over the files.
    Eric Brooks
    HP Tuners, LLC

Advanced Tuner
    I was just bragging on HPTuners yesterday on another forum and you guys proved my right again!!

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew@HPTuners View Post
    HP Tuners are proud to announce support for new Ford aftermarket supercharged and naturally aspirated calibrations that were previously not able to be adjusted in the aftermarket.

All Ford vehicles with these calibrations will now be able to be read, edited, and files flashed just like any OEM calibration.

This release covers the following vehicles and platforms:
    • 2015-2017 Ford Mustang 5.0 & 5.2L
    • 2015-2017 Ford F-150 5.0L

Tuner in Training
    Are there any stock roush/whipple calibrations available for download?

Senior Tuner
    I am also very curious and waiting to see one.

Tuning Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by Eric@HPTuners View Post
    I would need to see how they are changing it. Do me a favor, take a read, then program with one of those switches changed, and take another read and send me over the files.
    I'll have the GT by the shop towards the end of the week... Might have the F150 by the shop as early as tomorrow to email you that one with some changes? Don't know for sure on that one though...

I can confirm that we need access to these - we did a lot of track R&D for whipple as we had the only 15 S550 getting road course raced in the country to my knowledge at the time and without the master switches being set to disable it will shut the vehicles down - no throttle, no nothing until a complete power down and reset... They also redesigned their belt system because of this one car, but anyways

Tunes attached for those looking to see some - early whipple is where they had some issues with cam timing and throttle / latest whipple has changes they made to it - still has throttle issues, but I can fix that now
    Attached Files Attached Files

~Greg Huggins~

The throttle limit should no longer be an issue now. I don't believe these switches were responsible for that behavior.

Tuning Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by Engineer@HPT View Post
    The throttle limit should no longer be an issue now. I don't believe these switches were responsible for that behavior.
    What was made different on the throttle? I just know when we were track testing the car it would pull power due to traction, knock or whatever and then if the driver kept pushing it, it would completely shut the car down and go to backfiring... Whipple told us the only fix was to change these switches "change all except duty cycle to disabled" - your normal everyday driver will never have an issue, but anything getting pushed hard will...

I'm also curious about something else - can we have access to what's getting changed in the background? I assume whipple and roush change this stuff too or possibly what the OS itself is changing?

Are the rest of the Ford tools coming with 3.6? Really looking forward to them too

Thanks HPT guys - been looking forward to this one alone for awhile now...

~Greg Huggins~

My bad, you're talking about a different throttle issue. Please disregard.

Potential Tuner
    are these 2015 whipple tunes? If I try to open these files i get the "validate checkum failed.you will be unable to save or flash this file) Then it tells me to email the file to HPT.
    Last edited by mustang1; 04-17-2017 at 07:52 PM.

You need version 3.5 beta.

Tuning Addict
    Well I tried to open the "early whipple tune" and got the definition failed to load message too, so probably just needs that OS decrypted? However the other two should open fine...

~Greg Huggins~

Please email support any files that do not open.