Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: New Ford Aftermarket Supercharged & Naturally Aspirated Calibration Support

Thank you. Thank you. This will be very helpful.
    2012 Mustang GT with S/C
    4Runner with S/C
    Turbo/NOS Hayabusa - 320RWHP

Tuner in Training
    If anyone can get a read on PP2 or PP3 that use the GT350 throttle body, that would be great.

Senior Tuner
    This is awesome, just in time for my Whipple install and first tuning attempt at the s550. Nice work guys.

Has anyone got a Ford Motorsport tune? Very keen to compare it to what we have developed in our cars.

Tuner
    looking for a S550 Roush/Ford Racing Supercharger read...

can someone share?

Thanks

Possible 2015 Roush File

Be careful with this one. I can't guarantee that it is completely stock.

2015 Ford Mustang GT Roush Calibration.hpt
    2012 Mustang GT with S/C
    4Runner with S/C

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by NickSezz View Post
    If anyone can get a read on PP2 or PP3 that use the GT350 throttle body, that would be great.
    I'm in for this as well, thank you Eric for your hard work.

To be clear this allows you to upload the base file that came with a Roush Stage 1 and to then modify it?

Yes. But you must use the Beta.
    2012 Mustang GT with S/C
    4Runner with S/C

Senior Tuner
    One thing that would be very helpful would be if anyone has a Whipple setup and can post up a copy of the calibration with the power by gear tweaked with their Flare Tool so we can see just how the engineers cut down on the boost/power. I am sure I can figure it out through trial and error but would be nice to see it from a calibration that is up and working.

Senior Tuner
    Also has anyone successfully flashed a standard 2015+ PCM with an import of the Whipple settings and had it work properly?

My concern is any tables or bits added by Whipple/Ford in the new OS that isn't in my current PCM, and therefore I wont be copying those into my PCM and will face some issues.

Tuning Addict
    Eric is working on some of this ^^^ I sent him many different versions of the tune with changes and none of the changes show up in the tune - hoping it can be done in the scanner as it's just like resetting fuel trims when you change these settings - otherwise may be fighting an uphill battle I can post the tune with some changes, but if Eric couldn't see them - not sure anyone else will be able to?
    2010 Vette Stock Bottom LS3 - LS2 APS Twin Turbo Kit, Trick Flow Heads and Custom Cam - 12psi - 714rwhp and 820rwtq / 100hp Nitrous Shot starting at 3000 rpms - 948rwhp and 1044rwtq still on 93
    2011 Vette Cam Only Internal Mod in stock LS3 -- YSI @ 18psi - 811rwhp on 93 / 926rwhp on E60 & 1008rwhp with a 50 shot of nitrous all through a 6L80

~Greg Huggins~
    Remote Tuning Available at gh[email protected]
    Mobile Tuning Available for North Georgia and WNC

Tuning Addict
    Here's a version of the whipple tune with tq reduction for the gears...
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Attached Files Attached Files
    2010 Vette Stock Bottom LS3 - LS2 APS Twin Turbo Kit, Trick Flow Heads and Custom Cam - 12psi - 714rwhp and 820rwtq / 100hp Nitrous Shot starting at 3000 rpms - 948rwhp and 1044rwtq still on 93
    2011 Vette Cam Only Internal Mod in stock LS3 -- YSI @ 18psi - 811rwhp on 93 / 926rwhp on E60 & 1008rwhp with a 50 shot of nitrous all through a 6L80

~Greg Huggins~

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by GHuggins View Post
    Forgive my ignorance, but what software is that?

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by txcharlie View Post
    Forgive my ignorance, but what software is that?
    Whipple Flare Tool, it updates the PCM's operating system when you flash it, potentially adding new segments that cannot be seen yet by HP Tuners software (yet).

Senior Tuner
    Great stuff, hope Eric figures it out. Question I have though....if say someone is using a Flare tool, then scans, makes some changes, and reuploads the new tune via HP Tuners does it reset what was changed by the Flare tool? I am considering buying the Flare tool just to have the various niceties of torque reductions, etc, but be able to tweak the Whipple tune for my larger injectors, triple fuel pumps, etc.

Tuning Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by 06300CSRT8 View Post
    Great stuff, hope Eric figures it out. Question I have though....if say someone is using a Flare tool, then scans, makes some changes, and reuploads the new tune via HP Tuners does it reset what was changed by the Flare tool? I am considering buying the Flare tool just to have the various niceties of torque reductions, etc, but be able to tweak the Whipple tune for my larger injectors, triple fuel pumps, etc.
    Nope, because that is exactly how I'm tuning them at the moment Use the flare tool or rather the ford racing communication tool that whipple put their name on to make changes to gear ratio and disable the limits and then using HPT's to make changes to the tunes You can even re-plug the flare tool back into the vehicle and see the settings weren't changed as they are automatically re-polled for their settings...

The fact that the tune doesn't change these settings is why I've been pushing so hard for it to get added and trying to help HPT figure it out... Without being able to change these parameters almost makes being able to alter the tune null and void... These parameters in their stock form WILL shut the cars down if pushed hard for more than a couple of minutes...

Since gear ratio and tire size are in with this - I'm all but certain HPT can incorporate these settings into the scanner - especially since that's how we have to adjust tire size and ratio right now with HPT...

Eric and the guys at HPT have their hands full right now "possibly even an understatement" and are currently still adding in the different Ford Racing OS's - they change the OS's every time they make a change to the tune, so unfortunately lots of them to get added in Then they have to get the scanner to work with all of them, so lot's of work for them :/
    Last edited by GHuggins; 05-11-2017 at 08:39 PM.

~Greg Huggins~

Tuner
    ....are currently still adding in the different Ford Racing OS's - they change the OS's every time they make a change to the tune, so lots of them to get added in Then they have to get the scanner to work with all of them, so lot's of work for them :/
    Are you speaking about the Ford Performance/Roush supercharger calibrations, Power Pack 1-2-3 calibrations or the Whipple calibrations? I took the announcement to mean that if you have flashed your PCM with any of the FP Pro-Cal files you can now change the parameters in Ford's cal files...

Senior Tuner
    It's actually one and the same, the Whipple tool also flashes a very similar Ford Racing type of calibration, while not identical the beta VCM can read them.

I noticed the Driver Demand tables in the Roush/Whipple files are 40%+ higher than stock. I don't understand why as the car would be un-driveable.

Tuner in Training
    Hopefully someone can chime in on this as I'm working on a Whipple car, remotely, right now.

We swapped the pulley on the car and it's making around 14 psi now. I'm getting a throttle closure right around 3500 RPM. It looks like I'm exceeding a torque or load value, but everything I can see is adjusted well outside the range. I confirmed with the shop that built the car that the Whipple cal that they read and sent me was loaded with the Flare limiters enabled. So, I'm guessing from reading the previous posts, that I need them to flash the car with the Flare tool again, but this time with all the limiters disabled? Does anyone know if thus means I'll need to license the file again?