Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: New Ford Aftermarket Supercharged & Naturally Aspirated Calibration Support

Tuner in Training
    Update.... For anyone running into the same issues I was seeing.

Flash the car with the Whipple Flare tool with all limiters disabled, and read. Then tune from there. Did not require re-licensing the file.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by OzTuning View Post
    Update.... For anyone running into the same issues I was seeing.

Flash the car with the Whipple Flare tool with all limiters disabled, and read. Then tune from there. Did not require re-licensing the file.
    That is good news, would imagine that as long as the VIN stayed the same it would not require licensing it again.

Quote Originally Posted by Jn2 View Post
    That is good news, would imagine that as long as the VIN stayed the same it would not require licensing it again.
    It's not just the VIN that is used for licensing. On my 2016 F-150 I had licensed the factory cal, later on I had the N/A Roush calibration flashed in with their software, when I read that out with HPT the CALID had changed (among other things) and it was no longer licensed...

Senior Tuner
    It's strategy and VIN combination I think. I've wasted some credits on it before.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by yonson View Post
    It's not just the VIN that is used for licensing. On my 2016 F-150 I had licensed the factory cal, later on I had the N/A Roush calibration flashed in with their software, when I read that out with HPT the CALID had changed (among other things) and it was no longer licensed...
    Quote Originally Posted by ridenrunwv View Post
    It's strategy and VIN combination I think. I've wasted some credits on it before.
    That is exactly right. If you switch strategies you have to re-license.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by yonson View Post
    Yes, when you change strategies you need to license it once more, but if you stay within the same strategy you do not

Tuner
    Has anyone worked with the Level 2 or 3 naturally aspirated Power Packs yet? I can't seem to find anyone local who I can grab a file from

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by HextallS550 View Post
    Has anyone worked with the Level 2 or 3 naturally aspirated Power Packs yet? I can't seem to find anyone local who I can grab a file from
    I asked a while back but haven't seen one of the tunes yet. I have asked around locally as well. I would like to see the method Ford used to tune a Cobra Jet manifold S550.

Tuner
    15-17 Power Packs don't include a CJ manifold. PP3 uses the GT350

Senior Tuner
    My bad... That's what I meant.

Tuner
    Does HP Tuners not have copies of these that can be put into the repository? I'd think that they would have had to have made a copy for testing?? Is is possible someone can PM me?

Senior Tuner
    Question - I have saved down a few posted Whipple read outs, should I be licensing the file and flashing the entire OS when I flash it in, or should I just be copying over the differences to my tune and flashing?

There are some differences between Ford strategies. e.g. stock 2012 Mustang GTs do not support downstream IAT2 temps in the stock strategy. A lot of blower companies use strategies that support this parameter for obvious reasons (Roush etc). When you change strategies, you will need to license the new OSID. Instead, I would suggest copying over the changes from the Whipple reads to your present strategy. Understanding that there may be some parameters your current strategy does not support.
    2012 Mustang GT with S/C
    4Runner with S/C
    Turbo/NOS Hayabusa - 320RWHP

Senior Tuner
    Thanks - I guess that is my concern is that Whipple added some logic in their calibration that is required in order for the parameters they have programmed that I can see to function correctly, and that a direct copy over to my strategy will not work as I will be missing any of this additional logic. I recall reading a post where someone licensed and wrote an entire Roush strategy and the vehicle wouldn't even start.

Quote Originally Posted by 06300CSRT8 View Post
    Thanks - I guess that is my concern is that Whipple added some logic in their calibration that is required in order for the parameters they have programmed that I can see to function correctly, and that a direct copy over to my strategy will not work as I will be missing any of this additional logic. I recall reading a post where someone licensed and wrote an entire Roush strategy and the vehicle wouldn't even start.
    Regarding the no-start, that may have been a while back. There should be no issues writing one of these strategies now to a compatible vehicle.

One thing I'd like to mention is that a considerable amount of work went into adding support for these calibrations in our software and there is no one else who can do it. Please bear that in mind when you are asked to license that file.

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Engineer@HPT View Post
    Regarding the no-start, that may have been a while back. There should be no issues writing one of these strategies now to a compatible vehicle.
    Thanks for posting. So if one of these strategies includes additional logic, you are confirming it will also be written to my ECM and function as though the calibration was written by the original provider?

Tuner
    What year is your car?The ones I have seen are S550 specific

Senior Tuner
    Mine is a 2015 s550

Quote Originally Posted by 06300CSRT8 View Post
    Thanks for posting. So if one of these strategies includes additional logic, you are confirming it will also be written to my ECM and function as though the calibration was written by the original provider?
    Correct, when you flash one of these calibrations in, the entire operating system and calibration section is flashed. These aftermarket files do have many operating system changes. For instance, the entire IMRC section code is has been removed in some of them.
    Eric Brooks
    HP Tuners, LLC