Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: New Ford Aftermarket Supercharged & Naturally Aspirated Calibration Support

GHuggins thank you so much! I'm in the middle of swapping my MT82 for a Magnum XL so I'll have to check on this in a few days.

Tuner in Training
    Will that phase 1 file work on a 2017 F150?

Do I email Eric brooks about the new tune file from Whipple? I purchased it last week so I think it's the latest.

Has anyone had issues with idle hang and excessive AC fast idle with the Roush 2016 auto file? I feel I need more tables to deal with it as altering driver demand and idle torque does not seem to help.

Tuning Addict
    Truck? The truck one had a lot of issues if that's the one your referring to? I said the basics on how to fix the majority of them when I posted it
    2010 Vette Stock Bottom LS3 - LS2 APS Twin Turbo Kit, Trick Flow Heads and Custom Cam - 12psi - 714rwhp and 820rwtq / 100hp Nitrous Shot starting at 3000 rpms - 948rwhp and 1044rwtq still on 93
    2011 Vette Cam Only Internal Mod in stock LS3 -- YSI @ 18psi - 811rwhp on 93 / 926rwhp on E60 & 1008rwhp with a 50 shot of nitrous all through a 6L80

~Greg Huggins~
    Remote Tuning Available at gh[email protected]
    Mobile Tuning Available for North Georgia and WNC

Quote Originally Posted by GHuggins View Post
    Truck? The truck one had a lot of issues if that's the one your referring to? I said the basics on how to fix the majority of them when I posted it
    Was Mustang.

Quote Originally Posted by Joshuajcone View Post
    Will that phase 1 file work on a 2017 F150?
    what engine do you have?

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by GHuggins View Post
    I'll have the GT by the shop towards the end of the week... Might have the F150 by the shop as early as tomorrow to email you that one with some changes? Don't know for sure on that one though...

I can confirm that we need access to these - we did a lot of track R&D for whipple as we had the only 15 S550 getting road course raced in the country to my knowledge at the time and without the master switches being set to disable it will shut the vehicles down - no throttle, no nothing until a complete power down and reset... They also redesigned their belt system because of this one car, but anyways

Tunes attached for those looking to see some - early whipple is where they had some issues with cam timing and throttle / latest whipple has changes they made to it - still has throttle issues, but I can fix that now
    Are these F150 or Mustang GT files? 2015-2017? Manual or auto?

Please and thank you!

I have the latest Whipple updated tune for the S550 manual Mustang. I tried reading it but it looks like hpt isn't reading correctly.

Quote Originally Posted by Racerbox77 View Post
    I have the latest Whipple updated tune for the S550 manual Mustang. I tried reading it but it looks like hpt isn't reading correctly.
    Email support and they will update the definition

Quote Originally Posted by LastPlace View Post
    Email support and they will update the definition
    Emailed them today with all info.

Looking for the whipple OS that shipped with the 132mm TB data. I'd like to swap over to the Whipple OS from my current OEM OS modified for the whipple.

Tuner in Training
    If I'm am reading this right i should be able to read and wright to a Whipple OS with 3.6 suite now?

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by ridenrunwv View Post
    I asked a while back but haven't seen one of the tunes yet. I have asked around locally as well. I would like to see the method Ford used to tune a Cobra Jet manifold S550.
    Anyone have any luck on finding these, curious as well to see the NA tunes Stage 1,2,3...Stage 1 mainly just to get an idea what they are modifying for the lower curves and stage 3 obviously for the 350 setup.

UPDATE about Whipples latest tune. When read with HPT it causes an error while doing a compare. Also after reading it and redownloading it into the car using HPT I cant log anything. Waiting for HPT help desk to figure it out.

Can you change anything though?

Quote Originally Posted by C_Murph12 View Post
    Can you change anything though?
    Yes I can change the latest Whipple tune via VCM but I cant log. For me it was best to go back to my original Whipple tune that I've modified. IT still had the part throttle hesitation. I did learn something from it. They changed the MAF TEMP COMPENSATION. I copied that and put it in "my" tune and it seemed to help. I already increased PE to come on at 30% and that fixed the part throttle boost hesitation FYI.

I wonder how much is left in the tune between Whipple tune and a reputable tuner. Palm Beach Dyno wont tune with HPT remotely and I dont know who else to trust with this platform that would.

Tuning Addict
    It's normal to not be able to log anything with whipple or Roush updates because they change the OS's with every change to their tunes... HPT just has to get the pids updated for each of the whipple/roush updates to correspond

You mind posting the latest whipple tune and listing what it's for - ie build info, year model, car/truck and so on???
    2010 Vette Stock Bottom LS3 - LS2 APS Twin Turbo Kit, Trick Flow Heads and Custom Cam - 12psi - 714rwhp and 820rwtq / 100hp Nitrous Shot starting at 3000 rpms - 948rwhp and 1044rwtq still on 93
    2011 Vette Cam Only Internal Mod in stock LS3 -- YSI @ 18psi - 811rwhp on 93 / 926rwhp on E60 & 1008rwhp with a 50 shot of nitrous all through a 6L80

~Greg Huggins~

Here's the latest Whipple tune.
    2015 Mustang GT manual Stage 2 with 132 throttlebody

Stock Whipple Tune Version 2.hpt
    Last edited by Racerbox77; 04-01-2018 at 04:18 PM.

Tuning Addict
    Gotta love whipple - they go above and beyond to make things hard on people Who ever's tuning these things now is doing things completely differently - the whole tune is touched in one way or another and I'm not sure for the best - hopefully hpt will get it to where you can compare the tunes without it locking up the editor too... Does your car have headers? cat delete? I have a revised whipple tune from when they were still using the Ford guy to write their calibrations that has nearly 90some percent of their issues straightened out - I'm sure with some torque modeling and etc reworking it would be 100% - just never had the chance to do any of that to it...

~Greg Huggins~