Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Thread: New Ford Aftermarket Supercharged & Naturally Aspirated Calibration Support

Quote Originally Posted by GHuggins View Post
    Gotta love whipple - they go above and beyond to make things hard on people Who ever's tuning these things now is doing things completely differently - the whole tune is touched in one way or another and I'm not sure for the best - hopefully hpt will get it to where you can compare the tunes without it locking up the editor too... Does your car have headers? cat delete? I have a revised whipple tune from when they were still using the Ford guy to write their calibrations that has nearly 90some percent of their issues straightened out - I'm sure with some torque modeling and etc reworking it would be 100% - just never had the chance to do any of that to it...
    Yes I have long tube headers. I currently am running this modded older WHipple tune. Its getting throttle cut though. See the log below. I'd be happy to try the tune you have.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Racerbox77; 04-01-2018 at 05:17 PM.

Tuning Addict
    Well it's not a whole lot different than what your already running, but it "should" work out for you... Only issue this one has is taking off easy from a stop - it's just "a touch" jumpy... Has all other issues fixed otherwise that I know of...
    2010 Vette Stock Bottom LS3 - LS2 APS Twin Turbo Kit, Trick Flow Heads and Custom Cam - 12psi - 714rwhp and 820rwtq / 100hp Nitrous Shot starting at 3000 rpms - 948rwhp and 1044rwtq still on 93
    2011 Vette Cam Only Internal Mod in stock LS3 -- YSI @ 18psi - 811rwhp on 93 / 926rwhp on E60 & 1008rwhp with a 50 shot of nitrous all through a 6L80

~Greg Huggins~
    Remote Tuning Available at gh[email protected]
    Mobile Tuning Available for North Georgia and WNC

Well it's not a whole lot different than what your already running, but it "should" work out for you... Only issue this one has is taking off easy from a stop - it's just "a touch" jumpy... Has all other issues fixed otherwise that I know of...
    I took tune you posted tonight and implimented most of it to my tune. I'm still getting throttle cut around 6500 rpm. I also deactived MAF limit after the initial test that still cut throttle and same outcome.
    I dont know what limit its hitting?
    Also side note, Airmass Limit under Torque section should be a lower number for less tc limiting. I set mine to 3% and it barley interferes with TC on.

Tuning Addict
    I actually did that for a reason The car that tunes on doesn't limit at all, but from the looks of the MAF curve I would say your possibly running more boost or airflow for some reason - either that or something in your tune is really skewing the actual fueling?
    2010 Vette Stock Bottom LS3 - LS2 APS Twin Turbo Kit, Trick Flow Heads and Custom Cam - 12psi - 714rwhp and 820rwtq / 100hp Nitrous Shot starting at 3000 rpms - 948rwhp and 1044rwtq still on 93
    2011 Vette Cam Only Internal Mod in stock LS3 -- YSI @ 18psi - 811rwhp on 93 / 926rwhp on E60 & 1008rwhp with a 50 shot of nitrous all through a 6L80

~Greg Huggins~

Tuning Addict
    Also occurred to me that if you haven't yet - don't forget to use the flare tool and deactivate your now added background safeties on the ford racing side of the cal itself - those alone will limit things...

~Greg Huggins~

Has anyone got a stock 2016 Whipple Auto cal?

Also occurred to me that if you haven't yet - don't forget to use the flare tool and deactivate your now added background safeties on the ford racing side of the cal itself - those alone will limit things...
    I've done that before but I'll recheck it to be sure they're off using the Flare tool.
    My car has the 3.625 pulley which is one step down from the original 3.75".
    What can I monitor that would let me know what's limiting?

Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by Racerbox77 View Post
    I've done that before but I'll recheck it to be sure they're off using the Flare tool.
    My car has the 3.625 pulley which is one step down from the original 3.75".
    What can I monitor that would let me know what's limiting?

Thank you
    First I have seen mentioned of this "flare tool" possibly because I have not been looking. What is it?

Flare tool comes with the Whipple supercharger. It's their tuning software

Are any of these whipple tunes 2015 auto tunes. I am helping a buddy swap his whipple from a manual to an auto and it would be nice to have help him keep the whipple tune. Also does using the whipple tune via hp tuners require the amp IAT harness and sensor?

Gotta love whipple - they go above and beyond to make things hard on people Who ever's tuning these things now is doing things completely differently - the whole tune is touched in one way or another and I'm not sure for the best - hopefully hpt will get it to where you can compare the tunes without it locking up the editor too... Does your car have headers? cat delete? I have a revised whipple tune from when they were still using the Ford guy to write their calibrations that has nearly 90some percent of their issues straightened out - I'm sure with some torque modeling and etc reworking it would be 100% - just never had the chance to do any of that to it...
    N/M I see you have it posted above. Is that for an auto or manual? I can't open it at my day job.
    Last edited by C_Murph12; 04-11-2018 at 01:47 PM.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Doesn't lock up for me...
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Tuner
    Bill, can you ask Eric Krupp for the .hpt file that Chris Murphy sent him and see if you can open it?

Tuning Addict
    What if you do a compare with the original whipple tune Bill? That's where it locks up - when your comparing it to other tunes - I think it was even doing it comparing to stock gt file with certain tables... AND to be clear, I haven't tried this on any of the recent beta updates to know if it still does it or not.

Thank You

~Greg Huggins~

I just downloaded the latest HPT beta tonight. Here is a screen shot of the numbers I get when doing a compare on the latest Whipple tune.
    Also you cannot log anything but AF Commanded.

Tuner
    I?ve seen the same errors when trying to compare.

@racerbox77 was the hpt file you posted from your car or was it one someone else posted? I looked at it and the VIN is the same as another file someone else sent me.

Tuner
    Here's the latest Whipple tune.
    2015 Mustang GT manual Stage 2 with 132 throttlebody

Attachment 78182
    Is this a tune that you purchased from Whipple, flashed with Flare and then read with HPT? I ask because another member sent me this file 4 months ago so I know that it?s not the newest, which is fine. I just want to sort out which file is which and who it came from originally.
    Last edited by HextallS550; 04-12-2018 at 07:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by HextallS550 View Post
    Is this a tune that you purchased from Whipple, flashed with Flare and then read with HPT? I ask because another member sent me this file 4 months ago so I know that it?s not the newest, which is fine. I just want to sort out which file is which and who it came from originally.
    I emailed support with this info probably a month ago. It's latest Whipple update as of February 20th.
    I uploaded it with Flare then read it with HPT.
    Hope that helps.

Quote Originally Posted by HextallS550 View Post
    I?ve seen the same errors when trying to compare.

@racerbox77 was the hpt file you posted from your car or was it one someone else posted? I looked at it and the VIN is the same as another file someone else sent me.
    Probably was my email I sent.

Tuner
    Here's the latest Whipple tune.
    2015 Mustang GT manual Stage 2 with 132 throttlebody

Attachment 78182
    Are you Jordan? Did you know there is a newer version as of about 3-4 weeks ago?