Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast

Thread: New Ford Aftermarket Supercharged & Naturally Aspirated Calibration Support

I just emailed a 2017 2.3 ecoboost ford racing cal to support. Mailed another 2.3L ford racing cal in a couple weeks ago. As soon as they are viewable I will put them in the repository.

Quote Originally Posted by HextallS550 View Post
    Are you Jordan? Did you know there is a newer version as of about 3-4 weeks ago?
    I'm not Jordan. I downloaded the Whipple tune around February 23rd version v3.01

Quote Originally Posted by Sweet35th View Post
    I just emailed a 2017 2.3 ecoboost ford racing cal to support. Mailed another 2.3L ford racing cal in a couple weeks ago. As soon as they are viewable I will put them in the repository.
    Thanks for doing that! I know a few people were looking for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Racerbox77 View Post
    I'm not Jordan. I downloaded the Whipple tune around February 23rd version v3.01
    Is your tune direct from Whipple?

Quote Originally Posted by C_Murph12 View Post
    Is your tune direct from Whipple?
    Yes I downloaded it with my Flare tool software.

Do you know which strategy code you're running? Did you turn off all of the "nannies" in the Flare configuration screen?

Quote Originally Posted by C_Murph12 View Post
    Do you know which strategy code you're running? Did you turn off all of the "nannies" in the Flare configuration screen?
    How do I know what strategy I have?
    All nannies are off.

Load your calibration and then click this box:

2018-04-13_13-40-04.jpg

Did anyone load a auto Whipple tune?

I think all of the ones that have been posted here are manual.

@Racerbox77 PM sent

Guys after much trial and error I've got my car running very good on my tune. It started as a Whipple tune from last October or so. I'm not going to mess with the latest Whipple tune. I implemented a the MAF Temp Compensation from the latest Whipple tune but I reduced the numbers a little.
    I did notice they changed the injector set up slightly but I left it. The car is running very strong and driveability is awesome so until I get a Meth kit I'm gonna leave it.

Tuner
    Can you post the hpt read file from October as well as the latest? (Before you made edits) I may try the same thing, but I'm trying to sort out which file is which while I wait on Eric and Mark.

Does anyone have a Whipple read from a 2017 that was taken before the latest update that messed everything up?

Tuner in Training
    will this read from whipple new tomahawk tuner they told me if I try and read it it will put the car in failsafe and wont be able to get it out of it ?

Didn't put mine into fail safe.

But you will probably have to get [email protected] to define your file (make sure you select the proper ecu type for your year model)

What is your year model?

Tuner
    Eric fixed my 2017 read tonight, have a few issues but nothing related to HP Tuners.

Potential Tuner
    So just to be clear, is HPT able to write over the Whipple calibrations for certin small changes? I have a stage 2 whipple on my 2017 GT, stock headers, cat back, 3.75 pulley. The Whipple calibration was perfect in terms of drivability. Cold starts, idle, all those things were exactly like stock. The only issue I had was slight hesitation at low RPMs under heavy throttle. I brought the car to a local tuner and the slight hesitation is gone but I'm dealing with a few other problems. Bad start, car rolls on after I'm off throttle and the transition into boost at WOT seems kinda choppy. I'm trying to work with him to get this thing figured out. Whipple was almost perfect! Too bad he just couldn't address the 1 hesitation issue instead of writing a whole new calibration for the car

Tuner
    What Eric has done is to unlock the Whipple calibration so that it can be edited. For instance I didn't want the DW injectors, I knew the ID1050x was a better choice and the data is better in terms of accuracy. So I flashed the Stage 2 calibration, read it, sent it to HP and then flashed it to the car with my injector characterization values. Works perfectly. My issues were due to a misunderstanding with Whipple tech and the 2017 TB issues. I'm now playing with the HP version of the Guardian features and its been working very well.

Potential Tuner
    Oh nice. Is the editing limited to certin features only? Would my tuner have been able to adjust what he needed to fix the slight hesitation I was having then? Sorry but I'm very new with this software but I'm determined to get my car dialed in perfectly.

Quote Originally Posted by Platnium5.0 View Post
    Oh nice. Is the editing limited to certin features only? Would my tuner have been able to adjust what he needed to fix the slight hesitation I was having then? Sorry but I'm very new with this software but I'm determined to get my car dialed in perfectly.
    Not limited.

If he wanted/knew hptuners supported aftermarket cals, he could have.