Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 2014 c7 416 engine tq management at idle retarding timing to -10

I haven't come up with a way of data logging to see which way the torque needs to be adjusted. Like higgs has shown, his worked by adding as did many other tunes I have seen. Mine did not. It needed subtracting. I wish I had a better way other than trial and error, but I don't at this time. For me if the torque was too high, the ECM was correcting by reducing timing and vice versa for too little torque. If subtracting torque continued to subtract timing, try adding torque. You can try a value of 50 if you want, 10 might be a little small. Look at the table and see what it does after extrapolating coefficients. Make sure it still is going the same way you changed it. Also, make the table read a good resolution, don't leave it stock as you open the Virtual Torque editor. It seems to respond better the more data it has in the table.

Also an easy way to determine which way to go is with the EQ ratio torque coefficients. Take all under 1200 Rpms and multiply by .75 or 1.25 and see which responds better. Do just this change and see if it likes more or less torque. You don't have to leave this change, it just makes a global change to see which is more effective, though many times I have seen have this change still applied. I currently have that table reverted back to stock after modification of the virtual torque.

Keep in mind, the more changes you have to your tune, the more varied your results will be. These GenV tunes, everything affects everything, nothing works in a vacuum, pun intended.

You are going to have to be more scientific about it regarding what you change and what combination of changes you make. I have found that the more you deviate from stock the more trouble you are going to have. Change as little as possible to achieve your goal. You might even start with the stock file and get the airflow MAF/VVE perfect then see where you are with idle with stock spark and torque tables.

Potential Tuner
    Did you manage that the timing is right and that there is also a stable idle?
    I have the same Problem with my LT1 440 ci Strocke motor but it is not charged.
    What do i have to do? you can post a final file like it
    now is? thank you

Senior Tuner SultanHassanMasTuning's Avatar
    airflow and torque model will need to be adjusted
    Follow @MASTUNING visit www.mastuned.com
    Remote Tuning [email protected]
    Contact/Whatsapp +966555366161