Thread: standolone log size limit

Senior Tuner

standolone log size limit

I've been noticing that the log size is bigger now that u can add more perameters, im usually around the 10mb for a 30 min drive but if i wanted to just use the mpvi alone how big file can it log..? thought it would be good during track days or 1/4 mile ect

Tuner
    If you're on a gen 4 PCM, you will need to use "slow" logging to get more than ~15-20 minutes worth of data. "Slow" mode will net me 80-130 minutes of logging time.

So far as differences between "slow" vs "normal", essentially the newer ECM's flow data at a rate *MUCH* faster than you can really do anything meaningful with it; the "slow" mode brings it down to the point where it's still an overwhelming amount of data, but not enough such that it fills up the MPVI in 15-20 minutes.

To frame it in visual terms, if the smallest thing you could see is a 1" x 1" square, then if you were to take a picture where the "capture" size is .01" x .01" or .5" x .5" it wouldn't impact what you see (you still can't see anything smaller than 1x1); but the file size of the pictures taken in the two different modes would be substantially different in size - the first one would have 10,000 "blocks" and the second would have 4 "blocks"; but both provide an identical visual image to the viewer.
    2007 Z06 (E38 ECM), stock LS7 short block, .030" milled/ported heads, PLX SM-AFR, MPVI Pro

Senior Tuner
    ok thanks for the info makes sense the slow mode should be fine by the sounds of it