Thread: Newbie needs help with hodgepodge of pieces.

Potential Tuner

Newbie needs help with hodgepodge of pieces.

I?m hoping people way smarter than me can chime in and help me get a tune that is a little closer to optimal, with better drivability before I find a decent tuner in Denver and have them put it on a dyno and fine tune it.
    I have a 408 CI LQ4 with L92 cylinder heads and LS3 Intake manifold and injectors and an LS7/LS3 card style MAF in a 4? tube (picture for reference), using a P59 PCM backed by a 4L80E. The current tune started as mail order, but I?ve modified it to match what has been posted here for LS3/LS7 injectors (dsteck) in a GEN III PCM. I think I have the IAT close thanks to this post, but if I try to use the MAF data attached below the car won?t start, and I?m not proficient enough yet to figure out what to do. I do have an innovate LC-2 wired into the car and am using an LS3 fuel pump that I?ve verified has 58 lbs. at the rail.

I?ve attached the Baseline tune, and log from the first significant drive. This baseline tune doesn?t really start well, and when coming to a stop and then trying to drive off it stumbles and doesn?t want to accelerate, I had to power brake it to get the revs up to move, and it dies coming to a stop as you can see in the log.

The second Tune and log is my first crack at correcting VE tables. I hope I setup the SD Tune, logging channels and histogram correctly, If I did it looks very rich. If it is correct, I?ll paste multiply by % and log again if that is the next step.

Thank you for taking the time to read.

IMG_0633.jpg
    Attached Files Attached Files