Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Not hitting 100% throttle right away

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by BackyardTurbo_FTW View Post
    Thats what I mentioned to Quaalude above, yes that partially controls the throttle limitation.
    Did more testing today and I tried maxing out Table 11283-Desired Throttle table with 100.0 @ 4597.3 y-axis and lower Table 11338 - Throttle for 95% Charge by 5% across the board and still can't get 100% Commanded Throttle. Commanded Throttle still follows the RPM trend. See log 18-12-08 18-20-33_1st to 3rd gear.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Attached Files Attached Files

Tuner in Training
    Ok, did some more testing yesterday. I was able to get commanded throttle to plateau at 100% for .7s (see attached log). This is a lot better curve than the peaky curve in the previous log. I adjusted Table 11338 - Throttle for 95% Charge which helped level out the curve so I'm getting there.

11.962 @ 117.14mph-AFE dry air filters, ROW boxes, & stock tune - 2/25/16
    12.214 @ 115.22mph-AFE dry air filters, ROW boxes, & EC V5 dyno tune - 4/21/16
    12.057 @ 115.97mph-AFE dry air filters, ROW boxes, & EC V6 tune - 2/3/17
    12.067 @ 116.30mph-AFE dry air filters, ROW boxes, MBH headers, midpipes, X-pipe, & EC V7 header tune - 3/25/18
    11.844 @ 119.14mph-AFE dry air filters, ROW boxes, MBH headers, Quaalude midpipes w/Mag. cats & Vibrant mufflers, X-pipe, & Quaalude HP Tuner tune - 12/6/18

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by quaalude View Post
    Ok, did some more testing yesterday. I was able to get commanded throttle to plateau at 100% for .7s (see attached log). This is a lot better curve than the peaky curve in the previous log. I adjusted Table 11338 - Throttle for 95% Charge which helped level out the curve so I'm getting there.
    For what Ive seen, tps opening angle never really reaches the 100% mark, remember tps sensor operates 0-5v, which technically is your 0-100% throttle you are looking for. OEM reserves the bottom 0.4v and the top 0.3v for fault determination. All this means is that max opening value should be around 87%, the rest includes the room used by adaptation variance and the fault determination threshold. If they were to allow 100% throttle, they wouldnt have a way to know when throttle fails,as the voltage cant show higher value than 5v.

After seeing your log, for sure there something holding you off, eventually hits the max position but not when should be in relation to RPM. There is another 2 tables that can also restrict throttle angle, one based on airflow, the other based on engine load. The log shows you are hanging in between two rows from one of this tables, which would restrict throttle in between 66% and 82% if tables are left stock left stock.

I attached the other tables I normally touch for this stuff, assuming your load/torque calculations are on point, this tables could cause the creep up on the throttle progressively as it is now, and not fully open.

Last, I can offer you to go over your map and see if I can find something out of spec or maybe a software variation limiting this values in comparison to the ones Ive done, If you dont mind me going over your file, you can send it to [email protected], as soon as I get a chance, I will review it and make changes if there is any needed, hopefully we can point the issue or find something that explains this

Capture2.JPG
    Capture.JPG

What are your airflow tables set to?

I've gained over 20-25lb/tq over every other tune I've seen out there for these vehicles. Throttle ramps to full as soon as you press the pedal to the metal!

Bader Norris
    MEP Tuned
    Telephone: +965-55446651
    Email: [email protected]
    Instagram

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by kbaldi29 View Post
    For what Ive seen, tps opening angle never really reaches the 100% mark, remember tps sensor operates 0-5v, which technically is your 0-100% throttle you are looking for. OEM reserves the bottom 0.4v and the top 0.3v for fault determination. All this means is that max opening value should be around 87%, the rest includes the room used by adaptation variance and the fault determination threshold. If they were to allow 100% throttle, they wouldnt have a way to know when throttle fails,as the voltage cant show higher value than 5v.

After seeing your log, for sure there something holding you off, eventually hits the max position but not when should be in relation to RPM. There is another 2 tables that can also restrict throttle angle, one based on airflow, the other based on engine load. The log shows you are hanging in between two rows from one of this tables, which would restrict throttle in between 66% and 82% if tables are left stock left stock.

I attached the other tables I normally touch for this stuff, assuming your load/torque calculations are on point, this tables could cause the creep up on the throttle progressively as it is now, and not fully open.

Last, I can offer you to go over your map and see if I can find something out of spec or maybe a software variation limiting this values in comparison to the ones Ive done, If you dont mind me going over your file, you can send it to [email protected], as soon as I get a chance, I will review it and make changes if there is any needed, hopefully we can point the issue or find something that explains this

Capture2.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    Hmm, I don't have tables 19238 & 19244. I have table 19236 though and this is on release 4.2.1 (see attached screenshot). What release are you on?

Thanks kbaldi29 for the offer, I'll definitely send you my latest tune to have a look. I got it pretty dial-in but any recommendations wouldn't hurt. Here is my latest log. Commanded throttle is a lot better but it's still following the RPM curve.

11.962 @ 117.14mph-AFE dry air filters, ROW boxes, & stock tune - 2/25/16
    12.214 @ 115.22mph-AFE dry air filters, ROW boxes, & EC V5 dyno tune - 4/21/16
    12.057 @ 115.97mph-AFE dry air filters, ROW boxes, & EC V6 tune - 2/3/17
    12.067 @ 116.30mph-AFE dry air filters, ROW boxes, MBH headers, midpipes, X-pipe, & EC V7 header tune - 3/25/18
    11.844 @ 119.14mph-AFE dry air filters, ROW boxes, MBH headers, Quaalude midpipes w/Mag. cats & Vibrant mufflers, X-pipe, & Quaalude HP Tuner tune - 12/6/18

Great info in here... did anyone make any more progress on this?

Tuner in Training
    Any chance someone could provide a definitive guide of getting the throttle open all the way and hold and which tables do not need touching?

I have attached a screenshot of 8 tables and that's not including the torque monitoring ones!

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Throttle Tables.jpg

Tuner in Training
    I did a stock log and the throttle position mimicks the "Max Desired Throttle" for my variant so that's the first one to get out of the way.

I'm guessing the "Max Aircharge WOT" will also be a limitation as the other variants have higher values. I guess I'll start by copying the values from one of the higher variants and start with that and log throttle again. I suspect these two tables are simply limits though and actually commanding higher airflow/torque/load comes from somewhere else.

Tuner in Training
    OK so I filled max desired throttle with 100 values and max aircharge WOT with the higher values from one of the other variants.

Throttle now opens at the curve of "throttle angle at max flow" table which is much higher than what it was. I can tell from the MAP that the throttle opening at low and mid RPM is not a restriction and that the throttle angle at max flow table is exactly that, the angle required to achieve max flow. If I can find a way to reduce intake restriction elsewhere and after doing a primary cat delete, I'll slightly increase throttle angle at max flow and max aircharge at wot which should open the throttle to the new throttle angle at max flow values.
    Last edited by bradsm87; 08-15-2019 at 01:59 AM.

on my E63, throttle hits 100% with Accelerator Pedal D (SAE) and Throttle position hits 87.9% with its factory settings and factory map. if anybody is having issues i'd recommend simply copying over Variant 1 Pedal maps as they work fine.