Thread: 6.0 Lope?

Potential Tuner

6.0 Lope?

Just bought the tuner today. I've been doing a lot of research and was stuck between SCT and HPT. Definitely made the right decision on HTP with the price + supported vehicles. Anyways, Ive been looking over some stock and custom tunes in the demo VCM editor. I have a general idea of the tables and what they control, but has anyone made a lope tune for the 6.0? Yes, I know they're bad on the engine, cam chains, injectors, etc.. It's more of just to do it and hear what it sounds like, then take it out of the tune after showing off for a day. I've seen people in the duramax forum talking about modifying the fuel tables at idle, but what little information I could find on "loping" a 6.0 mentioned modifying the ICP tables. I'm not expecting a step by step walk through just a point in the right direction. If someone has a lope tune file that would be even better and I could just look through that. Thanks in advance.

Have you considered the tuning the ficm? I haven't looked at any ficm files but I think that would be where the duration maps would be.

Potential Tuner
    I haven't considered that yet, I did try to open a sample FICM tune although I was using the public demo from the homepage which doesn't seem to support it yet (always crashes when loading file). I would like to get into FICM tuning but I know people have managed a decent lope just by tuning the ECM. From what I've seen, to get lope on a duramax you bump up the rail pressure and on a powerstroke you bump up the ICP at idle. With the limited information about it, I might just have to start trying to edit values and hope I don't screw anything up too bad haha.

This is extremely hard on injector bodies.....just FYI...
    2023 Ford Edge ST

2020 Ford F150 King Ranch 5.0

Potential Tuner
    Thanks for the heads up, I know I've read some bad things on it and that most people hate it just as much as a smoke switch. I don't plan to run it as a DD, but what causes it to be hard on the injector? Is it the fluctuating ICP or because of increased ICP pressure at idle? Is it as simple as bringing up the ICP expected table for idle or does it take some more adjustments?

The pressure at idle. You are essentially raising pressure to where it would be needed at 3500rpms. Injector is firing at a rate for an engine running 700rpms, but is being fed the pressure that is needed to supply it at 3500rpms. If you have high mileage injectors, I wouldn't do it at all. I have seen them crack the bodies within 50 miles of driving. Just my experience...
    2023 Ford Edge ST

2020 Ford F150 King Ranch 5.0