Thread: Caliber SRT - 217kpa limit HELP!

Caliber SRT - 217kpa limit HELP!

hello

is there any way to avoid that 217kpa limit?

i have upgraded turbocharger on Caliber SRT and cant run full throttle above 217kpa as soon as it hits 217kpa or more throttle is getting pulled

please step in experienced ppl

thanks in advance

Advanced Tuner
    Would be helpful if you posted your tune. It's likely a torque limit you're hitting.

please see...
    Attached Files Attached Files

uploaded log file which i did on file "test torque" i played with torque delta in engine diag. please see.
    looks like it does not pull throttle now?
    Attached Files Attached Files

Advanced Tuner
    Figure this out?

Advanced Tuner
    There are at least three areas, if I remember right, that will need to be addressed in HPT editor to be able to increase boost pressure & not have any safeguards be triggered.
    I'd have to dig a lot to see if I can identify those areas, but if someone else knows it off the top of there head & can share the information that would help out a bunch.

Keep in mind; Just increasing the boost pressure capabilities will not take care of everything for the tune. Fueling & timing parameters will need refinement as well.
    I have a burrito in my colon, yet refried beans come out...
    How i know it's from the same meal? I didn't ingest corn any other time.

Advanced Tuner
    It would be very helpful. From what i can tell the airflow and tq limiers have been moved but there is something else kicking in around 500 nm( as read on the scanner) that closes tb and lowers spark timing. i stopped the initial delayed tb with the tq model but got throttle hang and tb closing at the end of the pull. im thinking there are still limiters we cant see.

Advanced Tuner
    Did you adjust the ESP TqMgt to a higher value? Give that number a raise above it's current number and see if that changes anything?

Tuner in Training
    looking at the data in the tune are you running E85?
    also is this ecm a former ms1k ms2k tune????
    If so that's is your issue with the kpa 217 cap. I have talked with the creator of the tune and basically if I remember correctly the only way to get around it is to get a stock ecm that has not been flashed to a ms1/2k tune. I believe the creator of the tune said he may be able to fix it but you would need to send it in to him to let him try. got all kinds of issues when trying to raise the kpa limit.

Advanced Tuner
    Can a 2.4 R/T PCM be used in place of the SRT PCM once the R/T module has received a stock SRT flash file? If it will, any risks or cons in going that route?