Thread: E38 OS question

E38 OS question

I currently have the old HPT VE/SD Custom OS loaded in the PCM. Would it simplify things to go back and load a factory original OS?

Not really.

You can run MAF only, mixed mode, SD only, whatever you want to do, with that OS. And it adds a "regular" VE table instead of having to mess with virtual VE.

Even though it's an "SD" OS it can still run MAF only or however you want to do it. I don't see any advantage of going back to the stock OS as you'll only lose some added features and have to deal with VVE

Quote Originally Posted by schpenxel View Post
    Not really.

You can run MAF only, mixed mode, SD only, whatever you want to do, with that OS. And it adds a "regular" VE table instead of having to mess with virtual VE.

Even though it's an "SD" OS it can still run MAF only or however you want to do it. I don't see any advantage of going back to the stock OS as you'll only lose some added features and have to deal with VVE
    Ok. Wasn't sure if there would be any benefits considering all the updates with the software. Haven't messed with my tune in quite some time. However, I'm back to making some changes so I have to get used to the new version.

Thanks for the response.